Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a fj with a 3" ome lift,I want a bigger lift and am going to order a rough country 6" lift this week.just wondering if i have to cut cross members or anything on the fj for it to go on or if later on if i want to take if off if its reversable?Also i already have the pro comp 7089 rims size 17x8 will this work or will i need spacers..i plan on putting 35x12.50x17 nittos on them. will the ome shocks work or would i have to get the stock blistens?im not interested in purchasing the icon or radflo coilovers right now as money is tight.if i put a demello bumper on the front will it sag at all?ive been looking t alot of threads about the rc lift but havent seen awnsers that im looking for.

sorry for the newb questions

thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I believe the procomp one is the one that requires you cut the cross member.

I can't remember if it is both of the 6" lifts or just one, but they require 18" rims in order to fit around the new spindle.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
You are right Layonnn, RC does not require a chopping... ;)

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree! No cutting and the RCX spindle are the issue!!!

My tires rubbed but the rims fit, so I went with spacers till I got new rims and tires! I have 16s on my RCX 6in now, no spacers!! Look through my build pix and youll see what I went threw...

Go with the Icons! Spacer kits suck with a bumper!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I believe the procomp one is the one that requires you cut the cross member.

I can't remember if it is both of the 6" lifts or just one, but they require 18" rims in order to fit around the new spindle.
My OEM 16" rims fit well on my Rough country 6" lifted FJC until I figured out which wheel and tire combo I was going to buy. I drove for a month like this. It looks really weird

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can some one send me there pics of there 6in rough country lift. Also your thoughts on that lift.
Here is my FJ with a 6" rough country lift and Icons ront and rear.

I really enjoy it. I like the way it sits. I know a lot of people don't like it and think it makes it less capable but I haven't had any issues. I have pushed it really hard on some very difficult terrain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have UCA and if so what kind. Have you had any driveline issues, and how long have you had this lift.
Thanks for getting back to me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Do you have UCA and if so what kind. Have you had any driveline issues, and how long have you had this lift.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I have Icon tubular UCA's. I havent had any driveline problems. I bought this FJ used 2 years ago with the lift already on it. I put the Icon stuff on instead of the spacers and crappy shocks it came with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts