Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like everyone like the OME/ToyTec kits. But, I have not been able to find any reviews of the Rough Country lift kit. Looks like I'll be choosing between the two. Can any one shed some light on the differences, positives, negatives, etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Definitely the OME, I love my DRs, but if i didn't go with the DR/Icon set up I would have gone with the OMEs!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
OME and toytec rear are pretty compairable IMO but if you are going to go adjustables in the future, just buy the toytec now, so much better ride, I Loved my OME 886's till I got my TT adjustables.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the Rough Country, and I love it!! Looks and rides AWESOME!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
After running with a Revtek spacer for about six months, before winning my AWESOME ICON Coilovers at a raffle during the Thrill on the hill, I can honestly say " save your money and pay for the coilovers" it will be worth the wait!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the FJ3-FRCC setup with heavies in the front and Toytec customs in the rear. Front shocks are OME 140S and the rears are OME N71. I also added a Diff Drop because my All Pro Front Bumper and Warn M8000 winch are not heavy enough to drop the front springs down enough. After one year my front CV boot on the driver side was worn through.

I am now looking at replacing the fronts with 2.5" FOX setup from All Pro or the ICON's and UCA's through Toytec.

But I must say that I liked the OME's quite a bit, they did great down at Broken Arrow and have done well out here in Colorado.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts