Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Royal Purple ok to use in the MT? I know it has some kind of additive and some say its ok and some say its not? Let me know what you think/ know on this subject. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
My FJ is an Auto but I use RP 75W90 MaxGear in my FJ's differentials and in my 1988 RX7 5sp. tranny. It works wonders!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
2WD Auto with E-Locker. Using RP10W-30 in the motor and RP 75W-90 in the rear end. I had a chance to use the locker pretty good today as I got stuck in some serious mud. I was able to spin my self out after rocking it for a bit. I was a bit concerned but was able to finish the trail and make it home just fine after sinking myself up to my sliders. Yes I was scared because I was by myself checking out a trail for a run tomorrow with a friend. Very happy with the Royal Purple Products.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey nice build ace. Im changign my rear diff tommorow and im torn between the mobil 1 or royoal purple. is there that much of a difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put the RP Max Gear in my Rear/Front differentials.

I keep reading that it should not go in the Manual Transmission though. I contacted Royal Purple directly and they said yes, it is fine. They also told me to put the synchromax in the transfer case. I feel this is a bit backwards...is synchromax ok to use in the transmission for a 2011 6 speed MT? i mean it says transmission fluid on the bottle but they keep recommending to use the max gear 75W-90 in the transmission and the synchromax in the transfer case.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Use RedLine MT-90 in your manual trans FJ. It's GL4 and won't mess with the synchros. I'm going on 238K with it in mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts