Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on the highway doing 60 and this light shows up on the the lower right corner of the dash rwd rear diff with this X

Turned out to be the rr diff button lock wich got pressed accidently
I read this page online says it won't engage unless it's in 4lo or hi

Just wanted to make sure Everythin' ok (it was a red flashing light)

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
i assume if it was blinking and red x was there, that it didnt engage..so I wouldn't think anything bad happened.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
So I was on the highway doing 60 and this light shows up on the the lower right corner of the dash rwd rear diff with this X

Turned out to be the rr diff button lock wich got pressed accidently
I read this page online says it won't engage unless it's in 4lo or hi

Just wanted to make sure Everythin' ok (it was a red flashing light)

Thanks
You are OK, the diff lock won't engage in 2WD in a stock truck.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Blinking light means that it was NOT engaged.
The light stops blinking only when the locker is engaged and it won't happen unless you are in 4L.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
You are OK, the diff lock won't engage in 2WD in a stock truck.
It can if he is driving a 4x2 FJ. ;)

But, i will assume from the stuff in his signature that he wouldn't put all of that money into a 4x2.
4x4 FJs, the locker will only engage in 4LO. Though, the manual says to not press the locker or a-trac buttons -in- unless you are in 4LO and wanting to use them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

But, i will assume from the stuff in his signature that he wouldn't put all of that money into a 4x2.
4x4 FJs, the locker will only engage in 4LO. Though, the manual says to not press the locker or a-trac buttons -in- unless you are in 4LO and wanting to use them.

You're right it is a 4x4 , thanks for the help !

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You're right it is a 4x4 , thanks for the help !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts