Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just got this email today, no affiliation with them...

Curious myself how something like this compares pricewise to what you're looking at.

https://simpleoutdoors.com/collections/simple-outdoors/products/skyloft
Bumping this back up because I want resolution on whether the OP got a RTT or not.
I've been getting ads for the skyloft on my FB feed lately. Personally, I think that tent looks like it has a lot to offer for the price. I've always heard that a lot of the basic RTT's are made in the same factories and rebranded, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was on par with most of the similarly designed and built competition.
As long as they are actually shipping, and not just on pre-order status, I would consider one. Especially if the main window in the back opens for use as a doorway. Throw a ladder on the back of the FJ and you no longer need the collapsing one on the side.
Any startup that's doing presales always makes me a littler nervous after the Peltreybilt fiasco...

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,312 Posts
Buy a Smittybilt XL.. at least your money goes to Smittybilt (or whatever outlet you get it from) with some sort of a warranty. Far better then buying direct from China, your money going Straight to China and your personal info going Straight to China. Not to mention if there are any issues you'll have to ship it back to China. Better off buying a known established company with some sort of good'ish reputation

21 - 26 of 26 Posts