Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Hope someone can give me some good pointers here.. I have an 08 FJ, my set up is, 285/70/17, 3" Bilstein lift and SPC/LR UCAs... the thing is I installed some 1.5" wheel spacers two days ago, and now my tires are rubbing at the body mount. Its rubbing on the drivers side and only when I turn the wheel completely to the left..

I've never done the BMC because never needed to, and I'm really trying to avoid it so, since I have this aftermarket UCAs, I was wondering if I could adjust the caster to move the tire forward right there on the UCAs or if I should do it on the lower side.. I really don't know as much to know what to do.. so if somebody could help, I would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'll give my 2 cents. First off your Bilsteins are only providing roughly 2.5 inches of lift. I have the same setup as you. Bilsteins, 285/70/17's, 1.5 inch spacers and JBA upper control arms. I have added a .25 inch spacer on the driver side strut to level the vehicle. My very first project was the body mount chop and without it I would suffer tire rubbing as you are.

It might be possible to adjust your alignment and lessen the amount of tire rubbing but I recommend that you simply accept the fact that a BMC is necessary. It's not as difficult as it sounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give my 2 cents. First off your Bilsteins are only providing roughly 2.5 inches of lift. I have the same setup as you. Bilsteins, 285/70/17's, 1.5 inch spacers and JBA upper control arms. I have added a .25 inch spacer on the driver side strut to level the vehicle. My very first project was the body mount chop and without it I would suffer tire rubbing as you are.

It might be possible to adjust your alignment and lessen the amount of tire rubbing but I recommend that you simply accept the fact that a BMC is necessary. It's not as difficult as it sounds.
Ugh!!! Im really trying to avoid that! I'll take it to an old school aligment shop tomorrow, to give it a last check and see if theres something that can be done, maybe by adjusting the caster thru the UCAs if not, I'll just go ahead and BMC the damn thing.

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
There is a thread here were it does outline how to run 285's with out a BMC - it was al through the alignment. I'll see If I can dig it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts