Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back into civilization after spending a few days traveling along the Rubicon trail. What an amazing adventure. We had myself and my 2 daughters (and Rubi of course), Annie and Mark, Mike and his twin boys, John, Chris who had Barry riding shotgun and the 3 TTT FJC's.

Great group to be with and having 3 Toyota Trail Team trucks and crew gave me a great deal of confidence in taking on this expedition. Great thanks to Robbie, Ron, "Woody", Collin, Conner and Garret. What an amazingly professional group, expert spotting, highest level of patience I've ever seen and not a hint of being tired of the task laid at their feet. We were very fortunate to have them as our professional guides.

Also, more thanks to Jason, Sol and my buddy Barry who traveled from NC even though his rig wasn't able to get to the event. They helped with spotting the whole way also. Without these guys, I don't know what my FJ would have looked like afterward.

Don't have time to upload all the pics I took but wanted to get a few on-line to get the thread started. I'm sure that CA Annie and the others will post up with their pics and feedback also. I'm uploading pics to my photobucket site and will get them posted here in the next few minutes...

edit, I have most of them from the first day up and here are a few for a taste...

You have to look closely to see the reaction of my daughter to know how close were were to the granite...

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Glad to here you guys made it out ok this morning. We just got in a couple hours ago. Sorry we didn't get a chance to say good bye we left about 5:30 this morning. We were the first up the hill. I have a ton of good pictures and I will post them once I get home.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, Jerry:wave:

I've been waiting for you to post up. I'm happy to hear that you had a great time and that you made it back to civilization safe and sound. I can't wait to see the pics. :)
Thanks, it was truly an amazing adventure, something I hope my girls will remember for a long time.

Glad to here you guys made it out ok this morning. We just got in a couple hours ago. Sorry we didn't get a chance to say good bye we left about 5:30 this morning. We were the first up the hill. I have a ton of good pictures and I will post them once I get home.
Glad you got up early enough to make it up the hill without issue. I heard you guys get going but was too lazy to say goodbye. We waited hours just to get onto the exit. A couple 40's had some "issues". The last few obstacles were pretty fun and I'm can't be happier with how my most recent upgrades made a difference.

I can't wait to see everyone else's pics also. It was so hard to even take pics due to the intensity of the trail for us. I had to focus the whole time and had no time to get out. Thank goodness for my daughter's skills with the camera, otherwise it would only be a bunch of words with no "proof" of the adventure...

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Jerry I cannot agree with you more on the fun factor of this trip. I truly enjoyed meeting everyone and had an incredible time at Rubithon. Here are a few of the pictures that Jason took. I still have to find my camera. As for my carnage, I cut a sidewall and destroyed a tire, but that's why you buy tire replacement certs. :)

Jason and I started the day about 2hrs behind the FJC group. The day was beautiful.

We caught up with the group and tagged along trying not to run over the camera crew and spotters that walked the entire trail.

Buck Island Lake early in the morning on Thursday.

With Jason as my spotter we went after most of the hard lines. :) The DO 3-link worked flawlessly. Look at the upper middle of the picture and you'll see someone standing there. That should give you a good idea of how steep the step up was.

V8 powered, Dana 60 axled, 4Runner with 46" claws!

A top Cadillac Hill @ 6:30am this morning. :clap:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Love the picts, guys. I sure enjoyed spending time with you all. I cant thank you enough for just a wonderful experience.

I cannot tell you what an exciting trip that was. Trip of a lifetime! There could not have been a nicer group of folks to be with. Just amazing.

And guess what??

I won the grand prize at the raffle. :bdaysmile:

A Marline Dual Transfer Case Crawler System. I still cant believe it. I didnt sleep a wink last night, I'm just stunned.

We just got home, we're exhausted. That could not have been a better trip, even without the prize. Just unreal.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Great pictures guys. This is the thread that I've been waiting for. :)

Annie, you lucky!!!

Sol, your truck looks great. You certainly are taking very different lines then the IFS FJs. Impressive!

·
Registered
428 Posts
What a great trip. What a pleasure it was to meet and drive with the rest of the group. I was extermely pleased on how the FJCs handled.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
And another set of photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
:mecry:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Fabulous photos!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Wow, what an awesome trip - thanks for showing us how it's done - can't wait to see more pict's - :bigthumb:

-

-

1 - 20 of 89 Posts