I can delete this post if you need more room
Nice Job
I see some similarities in the mounting
I really to see the different versions
Thanks for sharing . I will be keeping an eye on this , for sure :bigthumb:
You should think about sound deadening on the inside of the roof
thanks
Don
Thanks, I'm also watching the rebuild of your console. I was amazed at how loud the wind noise is with the headliner removed.

Which sound deadening material did you use?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, cool! Are you concerned that you're going to be overwhelmed with sound from the speaker right in front of you?
The volume knob of the CB controls the speakers, not too loud at all. The mini amp driving the speakers is set at ~ 5w. The powered mic for the CB makes the speakers squeal if I set the amp any higher.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Since you have the headliner out I would suggest you use second skin luxury liner pro over a layer of dynamat or similar material, or just layer it yourself, dynamat, closed cell foam, then mass loaded vinyl

That should make it ultra quiet on the roof.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
The volume knob of the CB controls the speakers, not too loud at all. The mini amp driving the speakers is set at ~ 5w. The powered mic for the CB makes the speakers squeal if I set the amp any higher.
Ohhh I was thinking the speakers were going back into the stereo.... nevermind, that makes a lot more sense. Good stuff. :D

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
It really turned out nice. Well thought out and it makes sense. Great Job !! Sorry I didn't get back to you on the sound deadening . I had to leave in a hurry and then forgot about it . Let me know if you need that info, but I am sure you don't want to pull the headliner down, any time soon .
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Awesome, I just posted on your headliner thread about your integration, well I see now. Looks great, whatcha doing next?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It really turned out nice. Well thought out and it makes sense. Great Job !! Sorry I didn't get back to you on the sound deadening . I had to leave in a hurry and then forgot about it . Let me know if you need that info, but I am sure you don't want to pull the headliner down, any time soon .
thanks
Don
Thanks and no prob, I thought about the sound deadening and then I looked at the cost. Then I thought about the fact that I drive on Super Swampers and then it didn't make sense for me to do it.

I drive on the loudest street legal tire, I shouldn't worry about a little roof noise.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome, I just posted on your headliner thread about your integration, well I see now. Looks great, whatcha doing next?
I'm taking a break. I've spent every free hour since the first weekend of March working on the FJ in one manner or another.

I have one little project, nothing original, but I'm integrating a usb port into a switch blank, so I can power my iphone using the Tiltometer or Clinometer app when wheeling.

Besides that I am out of ideas for the moment, for the moment....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can't believe people just make this stuff at home... I am seriously lame. :lol:

Very cool, nice work!
Hysterical.

Nice work Ruebarb, I always wanted to do something like this on my FJ40. Great us of otherwise wasted space.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts