Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 with the off-road package with only 27,000...the stock tires are pretty much worn out. anyone else has the same experience? I thought my tires would at least outlast my warranty!

How can I make my new tires last longer?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Rotate rotate rotate. Our toyota guy recommended the Yokohama Geolanders for that reason, although he did say something interesting about the tires wearing out on our Tundra, that no matter what you put on the car that it is so heavy you will get some uneven wear....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sounds right. I'm replacing mine this weekend with Yokohamas. The Rugged trails lasted 25K. I had some BFG all terrains on my tundra last 40K. Bridgestone duellers lasted 30K on my 08 sequoia.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I did A 5 tire rotation @ 3- 5K miles and only got 31K out of mine. Not impressed. I ran with nitrogen and TPMS working, so pressure wasn't an issue. Gonna try Dick Cepek Moutaincat 285/75R16 on white steelies from Wheelers Off-Road in Grant's Pass, OR.

Attachments

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
my stock tires lasted 33k...that's with out rotating the spare in.....Rotate the spare for longer lasting tires!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Pirelli ATR Scorpions lasted around 30k and we changed to Fierce Attitude MTs about 3 or 4 months ago so, I'm gonna wait to see how they wear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I rotated them every 6k

Im disappointed that they didnt last longer especially since they are a selling factor as part of the off road package.

How many miles you guys getting out of the Nitto Terra Grapplers?

Would a higher load rating help longevity?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I sold mine with a few thousand miles on them and replaced with Destination ATs on the X...I still have them on the FJ and I can't wait to replace them!

Only about 13,000 on them and they are showing significant wear (not to mention they suck under most conditions).

08 FJ AT Off road (work truck)
09 Xterra 6MT Off Road model

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 43K on my BFGs that came with the '08 TT. Tread is still good. I think I'll get 50K out of them. Yes, I do rotate every 5-10K.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rugged Fails fits. Most totaly worthless tires I have ever had on any 4x4s. It felt like driving around with condoms on the rims. Replaced them with a set of E rated Michilens I took of a 06 Ram 2500 and have not looked back since.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
i have a set of 285 rugged trails that are showing their wear at 30,000 miles. the tire store says they have about 4000 miles left. i rotate them pretty religiously, tho.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have 43K on my BFGs that came with the '08 TT. Tread is still good. I think I'll get 50K out of them. Yes, I do rotate every 5-10K.

Thats a different BFG Tire on the TT. The All Terrains are pretty good tire.

I have the Rugged Trails on my 08, Currently at 16k miles and they need to be replaced within the next 5k miles for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts