Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been at Hollister Hills this morning. It's been basically the second time offroading with my new FJ. I went there with my wife...

Last time PotatoMutato showed me the place and taught me a lot of stuff about offroading on rocks and sand. Thank you again!

This time I abused her. I mean the car. Went into most of the black trails, even let my wife drive down one of those. I did the Truck Hill 3 times, to test different approaches and gear usage. My impression is that you have to use some speed in the first half, then you can even stop and slowly climb with low gears.

I'll post some comments on engine temperature later tonight in the general section.

bye!
as

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Wow. You got guts going up that truck hill. I only looked at it. haha. I'll be waiting for the photos!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've never felt Truck Hill was too scary. The trails with rocks scare me way more than steep hills...

I haven't taken any photo myself, but perhaps our Jeep friend (PotatoMutato do you remember him? He was there again! Got his email this time) has taken some. Must ask him.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Kool! :) I'll be waiting. hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts