Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm trying to run my CB Coax from the rear left cargo compartment panel (Jack Compartment) forward to the lower driver side door sill area.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get any of the left hand side panels off. I removed the two screws holding the "grocery bag hooks" from the rear panel (above compartment door) and the left hand rear seat seatbelt bolt (lower) on the forward panel.

Can anybody help me out?

*if neither panel needs to be removed, how did you do it?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
go to the 'how-to tech. articles'.....look-up 'rack mounted back-up lights' by Ruebarb....pics to get wire from jack area to front are in his write-up.
I used this when I did my light hook-up. I don't see why you couldn't do coax the same way..........
Hope this helps:cheers:
Jax':wave:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to run my CB Coax from the rear left cargo compartment panel (Jack Compartment) forward to the lower driver side door sill area.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get any of the left hand side panels off. I removed the two screws holding the "grocery bag hooks" from the rear panel (above compartment door) and the left hand rear seat seatbelt bolt (lower) on the forward panel.

Can anybody help me out?

*if neither panel needs to be removed, how did you do it?

Thanks guys
I used a piece of TV coax (due to it's robust-ness and strength) to fish into the cargo area from the front of the truck. Pulled the trim pieces from the door sill and then fished up over the wheel well and it appears in the jack area. Then I just connected my CB coax to it and pulled it back through. :rocker:

Did not require any panel removal besides the door sill trim.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Just did this last week. It's a PITA.

First you need to take off the trim piece that runs across the opening of your rear door panel. You'll see a bolt underneath that you need to remove. Basically after that you need to just pull really hard and it will pop loose.

The Panel next to the rear seat also pops out.

I didn't remove mine all the way, just pulled them out enough so that I could reach in and fish it through.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did just like sandstone said for a ham radio setup

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I just ran 0 gauge wire real thick and said screw it and drilled a hole in the plastic down real low and slid it through, Piece of cake. No one will ever see the hole so big whoop.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Just did this last week. It's a PITA.

First you need to take off the trim piece that runs across the opening of your rear door panel. You'll see a bolt underneath that you need to remove. Basically after that you need to just pull really hard and it will pop loose.

The Panel next to the rear seat also pops out.

I didn't remove mine all the way, just pulled them out enough so that I could reach in and fish it through.
Sounds like a ton of work! Fishing a lead wire through FTW! :rocker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts