Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few places online that are out of state whom do an intense underbody coating on rust build up. Before I purchased this car it was in Pennsylvania for two years before being brought down and sold at a dealer in Oklahoma. Who do you guys take this amount of rust build up? Is this just normal? Or if I consider taking to a place that can coating it what do you recommend? I'm located in Tulsa, OK.

Pictures attached.

Thanks,

Tanner

Attachments

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,849 Posts
What the others said, that's nothing really.

Brush it, Rust Reformer it, and Fluid Film it. Repeat the fluid film treatment as needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a 2014, Okay that sounds good! I appreciate everyone's input...I don't really have a good setup to work on it...Is there anyone in here knows of a local shop in Oklahoma that would do this type work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm checking with Toyota service collision center today... Gentlemen said he would get back with me on information... I'll post back here after I get the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Buy a can of Fluid Film and spray down the rusted seams once or twice a year and they'll never get any worse that they are now, which isn't bad at all. Just do it in a parking lot or vacant lot as it'll leave drip marks on your driveway.
15 minute job tops.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you find out?

I ended up having the collision shop clean off the rust, respray with black coating (anti-rusting treatment), and then the insurance covered the majority of the exhaust which looked the worst of all the damage underneath this last item was because of the fact I was rear-ended and it pulled down on the original exhaust bending it down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts