Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new FJ cruiser and want to protect the chasis etc before it starts to rust. Chasis is ofc nice black painted now. What product and method do you recommend to prevent rust forming and which can be applied on clean paint.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Wow, there are so many threads, with so much useful information in them. Please do a search on the subject, read up and if there are any remaining questions then please do ask.

Here are a couple of especially good ones for your reading pleasure:

Norm "rusty" Kerr

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fluid film or Rust Cure 3000. Both great products. I like the 'creeping' the rust cure does, but I like the stay on power of fluid film. My FJ is covered in both.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I used to FF. But check out Woolwax. It's Fluid film on steroids.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 07 and cumplite painting underneath frame with Rust Bullet silver and then black top coated. Before winter spray with Fluid Film all underneath and inside frame. See Amazon kits with wand. Come with 3 cans but got extra one from Autozone and finish the job.After 2 1/2 months steel smell funny and in some area look like I just spread the fluid and tricks me I have a oil leak. Fluid Film doses stay on.

·
Registered
965 Posts
This is a great video on the subject.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my area, Chicago, and I'm sure many others, you can get the undercarriage undercoated professionally for about 150-200 bucks. Now, if you go this route and you see some rust forming, buy a rust neutralizer, some are better than others, and go to town spraying it yourself before you get it undercoated. This will turn the rust black. Do not spray undercoating on a rusted frame, this is where people blow it. Based on my experience these sprays out of a can work great. And then to top it off and before the snow hits, fluid film or a form thereof.
Last but not least, Gibbs. Spray the crap out of your motor, tranny, etc. Don't worry about getting it on the exhaust, it will burn off fine. This stuff does an amazing job of sealing, lubricating, you name it, it does it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts