Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a welder/metal fabricator with a car lift 10 minutes from my house and he said he would wire wheel/ prime and paint the frame. Just wanted thoughts on the progress. $400 all in. Its a 2011 living in Maine since I drove it off the lot. The yellow is a high alkaline primer.

IMG_1181.JPEG IMG_1178.JPEG IMG_1176.JPEG IMG_1180.JPEG IMG_1177.JPEG IMG_1186.JPEG IMG_1188.JPEG IMG_1187.JPEG IMG_1201.JPEG IMG_1200.JPEG

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
$400 is an awesome deal, the key will be how well he gets into the little nooks and crannies, and doesn't just treat the most easily accessible faces of things.

FYI, here's another current thread summarizing all of the rustproofing knowledge we've gathered here over the years. There is a product in post #15, from Eastwood that looks like a great way to treat the insides of the frame rails, suspension arms and so on:

Norm

·
Registered
2007 automatic. fully loaded.
2 Posts
Main problem ..especially for 2nd,3rd, etc owners...did the previous owners keep the frame underneath clean ? i.e. by deep cleaning after every off road adventure, etc....Then going under the vehicle, and eye balling...and re priming as needed...Our vehicles, are prone to rusting ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts