Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have an 08 cruiser. Has anyone used or have an opinion on rust proofing such as Ziebard?

thanks
caver bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
I currently use Krown. It was originally invented to be used on Aircraft.

If you have lots of cash then the ultimate is stuff called Fluid Film.

NASA uses it on the suspension parts of the Space Shuttle. It never dries out.

I sprayed some on my 2000 Tacoma and 4 years later it was still wet. It really gets into the nooks and crannies.

The only downside is that there are no commercial applicating companies such as Ziebart, Krown, RustCheck etc that apply it. You have to do it yourself and it can get expensive. $12 for a small spray can in Toronto (that was 3 years ago). You can also buy it in larger quantities if you want to use a pressure sprayer.

I use it on all sorts of stuff...truly amazing.

Go easy on it. A little goes a long way.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Lots of good products on the market. I use POR-15 on the beast. If you're the environmentally friendly type you could try one of those electronic control module things. Not sure if they work. The wife has one called Symtech I think on here Frontier.

Try the search feature at the top of every page. Type in something like rust prevention and a lot of threads will appear.

Here's just one of many
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/maintenance-tech/99101-need-some-rust-prevention-ideas.html
Heres another link
http://www.sym-tech.ca/surface-rust-protection.php

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I've already posted my success using Fluid Film. There are a few threads on this topic

I pull off the rear trim to spray around the wheel wells and make sure to spray into the body weep holes. This ensures the weep holes aren't blocked, and covers the areas most likely to rust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts