Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow forum members!
Got an '07 Voodoo in Vancouver BC with a slight case of the rust on the undercarriage. I've looked through some of the other cases on the forum and was jfust wondering how well the POR-15 works.
OR...if any your FJ owners in Vancouver know of a rust removal/undercoating company in town.
Thanks for your feedback folks! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
that stuff is worth every penny. do it. you will be happy. Good idea to clean and wire brush as much as you can first then apply, not totally neccesary but it will look better than lumpy black spots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fluid Film...If I can't find any POR-15 in town, I'll look into this option. I was considering doing the POR-15 then getting undercoating done...you reckon I'm going overboard?
Thanks for the info on the Fluid Film also! You're a BOSS!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Krown or Rust check are great products as well! They are both yearly applications but are well worth it IMHO. These products help in many ways but having all the body panels,wiring,ect protected is a plus as well!:cheers:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Por 15 well worth the money. I would por 15 the exposed areas, & get the undercoating done at the enclosed areas you can't por 15. No need to recoat the por 15. Only time por 15 is top coated for UV protection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the reason I joined this forum! All you guys are great!
Going to try to get this done this weekend!

Thanks again folks! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Wear gloves if you use POR-15.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts