Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2010 FJ cruiser. About 2 months ago after a snow storm, after cleaning my car, I noticed that the whole edge of the roof top start turning yellow. Now the whole roof edge is completly rusted. This is the second time I have to change my windshield. Are anyone in here having difficulties with rusted roof and windshield

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did, at first the dealer said it was just paint pealing away, I put on a claim with Toyota and they agreed to fix it today.

·
Registered
145 Posts
To answer your question, I have not, nor have I heard of anyone with a rusting roof. The windshield problems have been happening to others but I have very lucky I guess. Knock on wood! I hope your issues get resolved quickly and easily for you. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Aloha from Cali, sorry to hear about your windshield, glad to hear the dealership is on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is at the dealership now, should get it back soon. I am in Massachusetts. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Sorry about your troubles

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
sucks about the roof... are the window replacements because of rocks hitting and cracking the windshield or another issue?

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
WOW that is some cheap steel if it is steel? I thought that rack was aluminum I drilled a 1" hole in it like butter and a hot knife.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts