Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The long anticipated Auto Show just started here in San Diego, and I couldn't wait to get down there and of course, check out the new FJ first hand. Got there 30 mins before the doors opened, stood first in line and walked right over to the Toyota section as soon as they let me in. From a distance I could see a little of the blue and white FJ over the tops of other cars, and when I got there it was, get this, roped off! WTF? I was totally excited to FINALLY see one in person, but bummed out I couldn't sit in or even touch it. I talked one of the Toyota guys into at least opening it up to take a look at the interior, but it was like your big brother holding your favorite toy from you just out of arms reach. I mean, I think it was the only Toyota to be roped off, and didn't understand why. The Toyota reps couldn't even give me a good answer.

To add to the disappointment there was no new literature or news on prices. Plus, it only took a matter of mintues before the Cruiser was surrounded by a mob of psuedo-intellectuals calling it a "cute car." I tried to get some info from the corporate guys, but it didn't take long (like 5 or 6 seconds) to realize I knew more about the thing than they did. I didn't really snap until one of the Toyota guys tried to explain that the FJ Cruiser was designed to replace the old FJ40, which is where I quickly made it clear that NOTHING can replace the 40.

Don't get me wrong, I waited over a year to see the FJ in person and it was not a letdown in the least, just left me hungry for a call from the dealer when they get in and a test drive.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey at least I now know it's in town. Good thing or I would have totally missed it. Hmm maybe we can strong arm them into letting us see a car that they are trying to sell. I could understand a million dollar one of a kind but common man let us sit in it. I'll check it out Saturday and see what it looks like in blue.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sounds like the off-road expo with the plastic blowup FJ thing that was on a stage and with the $20 parking and entrance fee it was a bummer.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Pancho said:
autospies has a few photos posted. you can see the rope barricade in a couple of them. looks pretty flimsy eelson. i think you could have breached it. now had you gotten kicked out of the S.D. Autoshow for stealing a sit in a the roped off FJC, and gotten a photo of it, well, you would be my new avatar.
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/shows.asp?manu=&cat=&thisPage=2&galleryId=33
hahahahaha, that's my plan for the LA show. ill make sure i have my wife standing by with the camera. be kinda funny to see all the white lab coat corporate commanders getting all uppity. although those women they have there can be pretty dam hot. i fully intend on breaching the rope barricade. if i can i will try my hand at hot wiring the sucker and getting myself into one of those LA only car chases on the freeway!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm pretty sure we would all pitch in and pay for your $500 deposit if you could get a pic of you getting tasered or pepper-sprayed while trying to breach the rope barrier.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
csherrill said:
I'm pretty sure we would all pitch in and pay for your $500 deposit if you could get a pic of you getting tasered or pepper-sprayed while trying to breach the rope barrier.
hahahahaha, i will hold you to that!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts