Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to sell her, I have been having major elbow issues that I just found out will likely require surgery. As some of you may or may not know, I have a 17 mo son who I care for. Putting him in and getting him out of his car seat in the back has destroyed my left elbow.

My sports med Dr. was literally refusing to continue my treatment if I kept my FJ. And I got a second opinion.... Same diagnosis as the first.

Repetitive Lifting Injury causing a torn tendon.

SO I traded her in and bought a ... DON'T LAUGH... NIssan Juke SL AWD Turbo.

Having been a member of various forums... Mustang, Acura, various Guns, etc...
I can unequivocally tell you that the FJ Cruiser crowd/ forum members are the best. And I mean a magnitude higher than the rest.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you and today is a sad day indeed.
Keep on Truckin', and don't run over any JUKE's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and FYI...
I got 25K for the trade-in.
Not too shabby as I bought it for 32,000.
It was a 2009 that I bought in 08.
So it only lost 7k in value over a three year period.
AND I had rattle canned all the shiny stuff off it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Couldn’t you have just switched his car seat to the other side of the FJ?

All kidding aside, I hope you get better and enjoy the new ride! They look pretty cool.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Yes, I love my Juke. Not as much as the FJ... but it's a real hoot to drive.
2. It had 14k miles.
3. Yes, I tried both sides of the car. By the time I realized what was causing the pain... it didn't matter.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I can see how getting a ankle biter into the back seat of an FJ would be a major PITA! Hope your tendons heal well ;) Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Well I hope you get better soon.
To anyone else with similar problems. Buy a step and let the kid get in and out by themselves. Use the step so they can climb into the FJ and use that same step inside so they can climb into their seat. Then all you have to deal with is the doors and buckling their seat belt.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is the Juke all that much easier to get in and out of the back seat?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the Juke all that much easier to get in and out of the back seat?
Yeah, I just drop him in the seat. The Juke looks like a 2 door, BUT is a 4 door, sorta like a FJ but the rear doors are not the suicide type.

He is only 17 months old... Just started walking a few months ago. Him climbing into a FJ, especially a lifted FJ is still a year away.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
A juke drove past me the other day. As far as compact cars go, I like it. I don't know anything about them from a performance point of view, but from a purely visual stand point, very nice.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Oh, and without pics, it didn't happen.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
What you really need to do is get that baby on a diet. Thats where the problem is :)

Does the baby even have a job yet?

Congrats on the new Juke, they do look like a fun get around town car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well for 23k I got...
Heated Leather Seats
Nav, DVD, XM, Traffic, Back-up camera, sunroof, and power everything.

THe engine is a HUGE 1.6l...LOL
But it is turbocharged and puts out a willing 188hp.

THe Awd system is un-friggin-believeable.

It has 3 modes:
1. FWD Only
2. Traditional AWD 80 front 20 rear (when needed)
3 Thrust Vectoring AWD where the split is 50/50 front to back and 50/50 right to left. You can corner in this car like you are on rails. Make a left turn at 40 and put your foot in it. The right tires dig inand the left tires loose power.

Oh and the dash is out of a spaceship. You got your heating and A/c like always. Push the drive control button and the entire panel changes symbols, words and functions??? Like each button is it's own color lcd screen.

Select from Normal, ECO, and Sport. Each changes the performance and handling of the car.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
The Juke is a blast to drive!

The Juke or the new Taurus would be my top 2 picks for a next vehicle.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Well I hope you get better soon.
To anyone else with similar problems. Buy a step and let the kid get in and out by themselves. Use the step so they can climb into the FJ and use that same step inside so they can climb into their seat. Then all you have to deal with is the doors and buckling their seat belt.
this is how I've done it with all 3..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts