Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sad Panda

--------------------
I'm currently stationed at Fort Hood, Texas serving in the United States Army as an infantryman in the 1st Cavalry Division. Deployed to Iraq in 2011, kicked some ass, got paid a few bucks. Gave all that hard earned money to a fellow forum member in exchange for his 2008 FJ Cruiser. The mods will come slowly maturely over time. The Army isn't exactly a well paying job and thus I struggle to save up for mods, but they will come, mark my words.

Current Picture:

2008 FJ Cruiser 4x4

Engine
TRD Cold Air Intake
Fumoto Oil Change Valve

Suspension
Rough Country 6" Lift
ICON 2.5" Adjustable Front Coil Over with Remote Reservoir for 6" Lift
ICON 2.5" Rear Shock with Piggyback Reservoir for 6" Lift
ICON Tubular Upper Control Arm
Body Mount Chop
Icon 3" Stage 1 Lift

Wheel
Mickey Thompson Classic III 17 x 9
Fierce Attitude MT 35 x 12.50 - 17"
Spydertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers
Gorilla Black Acorn Lugs and Locking Lugs
Black Rock 909B Type D 17x8
BFG AT 285/70-17

Light
APC Black Housing Smoked Diamond Cut Parking Lamps
IPCW Bermuda Black LED Tail Lights
PIAA Driving Lamps Plasma Ion Yellow
Putco T-Type LED White Mirror Marker Lights
Putco T-Type LED White Reverse Lights
Putco T-Type LED White License Plate Lights
Oznium LED Interior Dome Lights
Nestah Edition Red LED Door Handle Lights

Armor
Demello Aluminum Evil Eye Bumper
Demello Aluminum Three Piece Rear Bumper
Demello Hybrid Sliders
ICON Lower Control Arm Skids

Recovery
Red Recovery Shackles

Sound
Pioneer 3200BT Headunit
JL 12" FJ Stealth Box Subwoofer
Alpine PDX5 Amp

Bling
Bushwacker Fender Flares
TT Edition Mirrors and Grill
Red Painted Emblems, Brake Calipers, Engine Cover, Battery Tie Down
Red Lightsaber Short Antenna
Window Tint - Driver & Passenger 15%
Aluminum OEM Door Sill Plate
TRD Oil Cap
TRD Radiator Cap
TRD License Plate Frame
Toyota Sightline Windshield Wiper

Needs Installing
All Pro Rear Shock Skid
All Pro Front Lower Link Skid
All Pro Rear Lower Link Skid
Vision X Tantrum Rock Lights - WHITE LED
Acro H1901 Driving Lights x 4 in Demello front and rear bumpers.
Nestah Edition HID Headlights w/ Red LED Halo

Planned Mods
Regear - Nitro 4.56 or 4.88?
Exhaust System
Lower Links
Upper Links
Upgrade door speakers and subwoofers.
Super Charger
Ellis Precision Grab Handles and Battery Tie Down

--------------------

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wheeltoberfest 2012

I Attended Wheeltoberfest 2012, had lots of fun, met awesome people. Unfortunately I ran into a fence coming down an "extremely dangerous" off camber hill. This led to a whole series of events that if you are interested in looking into you may find in the following threads. It involved Hidden Falls seeking compensation from me for the fence I had hit, however the said fence was already in grave need of repair long before I came along and a question of ethics.

A special thanks to all the fellow members of this great forum who supported and helped me through this debacle with Hidden Falls!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/texas/151188-5th-annual-wheeltoberfest-october-19-21-hidden-falls-adventure-park-60.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-central-region/155397-hidden-falls-adventure-park-debacle.html

This image is upside down, lol, not I.

·
Premium Member
16,377 Posts
Great start on the mods! Looks like a little road rash at the Wheeltoberfest 2012. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Ricochet front bash plate that I'm not using. It's for a aftermarket bumper, so when you need it lemme know.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
Oh excellent! I'll be putting on Demello front and rears soon, they just came out with these lightweight aluminum bumpers, there's a group buy now actually. I'm still waiting on the availability of the three piece rear bumper aluminum mode!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just came in the mail from TRDparts4u! Thanks Tom, Jacque and all the helpful staff over there!

Icon 6-7" Lift Remote Reservoir 2.5 Coil-Overs
Icon 6-7" Lift Rear Piggy-Back 2.5 Shocks
Icon Tubular Uni-Ball Upper Control Arms

The Rough Country 6" lift should be in tomorrow and will also be picking up the Mickey Thompson 17x9 Classic III and the Bushwacker pocket style fenders! Still need to call around and find a place for install and BMC.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just put on my new wheels!

Mickey Thompson Classic III 17 x 9 in matte black. I will be slapping some Duratrac 315/70-17's on them when I get my tax return!

Also installed but no pics yet is the RC 6" lift with the ICON coil overs, shocks, UCA and the body mount chop. Pics of that will follow shortly.

Bushwackers, bermuda black LED taillights, Demello evil eye, rear bumper, and sliders are all on order or delivered but not yet installed.

Will be taking the FJ to Paceline Collision to have the paint and dents repaired back to it's former glory. As well as TT mirrors and grill to replace the damaged black out stock ones.

Hang tight, pics of all the mods to come!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take it to Sprockets on post and do it yourself. It's cheaper ($2.00 an hour I think) and they have the lift, tools and will give you the technical help if you get in a bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
Best bet right there! Looks like it costs a bit more to use the bays and lifts but still a great bargain. ++ Fort Hood DFMWR ++ Sprocket Auto Crafts. I wish I still lived close enough to take advantage of this.

Keep up the good work Trooper! First Team!

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,557 Posts
Measuring from the tread of the tire to the bottom of the fender flare my front was 1/2" lower than the rear. when i first put it on it was just over 3/4"

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,557 Posts
Honestly I don't remember. It seems like mine were down a little further so that the second coil was at the bottom of the thread. Pull a tape from the ground in the center of your wheel/tire to your fender flare, and post up the numbers. Mine was level side to side and 1/2 rake to front.

·
Premium Member
16,377 Posts
The new lift looks nice! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honestly I don't remember. It seems like mine were down a little further so that the second coil was at the bottom of the thread. Pull a tape from the ground in the center of your wheel/tire to your fender flare, and post up the numbers. Mine was level side to side and 1/2 rake to front.
I'll take it to Sprockets and get it measured, failed to locate a tape measure all day -_-"

The new tail lights are in and should be installed any day now. The bushwackers are being put off til after the paint gets fixed. Demello aluminum evil eye and hybrid sliders should be here next week, aluminum rear bumper is still being tested.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Nice looking FJ. I'm in the army as well and currently stationed in the DC area. Keep the mods coming!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts