Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the trail to the peak is still closed. That is, unless you have four wheel drive and a sense of adventure...

Great place to watch the fireworks from.

And I am very sure anyone who has been on the Miller Jeep Trail remembers this little squeeze...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait a sec... is the gate still closed? Were you able to get up there?
The gait to North Main Divide is open but the gait at the intersection of Indian Truck Trail is closed. It's the last one that keeps you from getting to the top. Well, it tries to keep you out... Your truck shouldn't have any problem getting up that ridge...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I rode up to Santiago Peak on July 3rd after work, but on my Honda XR400. I made a similar bypass by the gate. I rode really mellow keeping the noise down just in case a Ranger was around. I arrived at the peak at about 7:00 PM. Within a few minutes, a Sheriff Helicopter circles overhead and since there are no trees at the peak he spots me pretty easily. The helicopter circles me about three times before I got back on my bike and high tailed it out of there. I was glad that there wasn't a Sheriff waiting at the gate and hopefully I don't have a ticket coming in the mail.:bandit:

I have been itching to get to the peak for a long time, and it was a fun ride. I did not see any fire damage on that stretch of the trail so I hope they open it again soon.

Only bummer was I took Indian Truck Trail down and rode down into Elsinore at about 8:15 PM to take Ortega Highway back home. When I got to Elsinore, Ortega Highway just closed for the night, so it was a long long ride home back to Mission Viejo on a dirt bike.:clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts