Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
hey i think i saw you heading N. on airline passing the baton rouge fairgrounds a few days ago
That was probably me..... Had to be Friday, was headed to grab some modding parts. :bigthumb:

Didn't see your truck as pictured as your avatar.... I would have probably cut thru the median! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
04-30-13: I completed my Scuba Mod tonight.

I got my breather manifold in the mail from FJNewb yesterday, installed tonight.
I had already installed my other parts and was just waiting for the manifold to arrive so I could make the bracket and install it in the bottle jack compartment.

Parts Used:
(1) 90404-51026 Toyota 1/4" Fuel Line Union
(1) 1/8" NPTF Brass Tee
(1) 3/16 X 1/8 HB Male Adapter (3/16" Hose ID X 1/8" Male NPTF Adapter)
*** NOTE*** [Can use a 1/8" X 1/8" Male NPTF Adapter in place of 3/16 Adapter]
(3) 1/4 X 1/8 HB Male Adapter (1/4" Hose ID X 1/8" Male NPTF Adapter)
(1) 1/8" Brass Pipe Plug
(1) FJNewb 2 Port Manifold with Filter
6' of 1/4" Fuel Line
Hose Clamps to fit.
Aluminum Bracket fabricated: I made mine out of a piece of 1/8" thick aluminum cut to size, used a brake for the bends, bead blasted it and marked & drilled the holes.
Brass machine screws, washers (flat and lock) and nuts to attach manifold to bracket.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
That was probably me..... Had to be Friday, was headed to grab some modding parts. :bigthumb:

Didn't see your truck as pictured as your avatar.... I would have probably cut thru the median! :D
yep i was in the FJ. i waved but you were paying attention to the rd. i live in the neighborhood across the st. from the fairgrounds.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yep i was in the FJ. i waved but you were paying attention to the rd. i live in the neighborhood across the st. from the fairgrounds.
WOW..........
Can't believe I missed seeing your FJ.
I'm just right across the parish line to your south...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Saker , couple of us might be heading to Hot Springs in may. You coming.
Seems I saw a date somewhere for this event and I will be working...if I am recalling correctly!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
06-03-13: Bought an extra set of TT Rims and had my BFG MT KM2's Mounted/Balanced.... Getting ready for Hunting Season!

&

Tried out my Hitch Cargo Carrier today by loading my Emergency Gas Cans and fueled them.

·
Premium Member
16,610 Posts
05-10-13: Received and Installed my AEROFLOW COVERS today.
Nice mod! I have had mine for 6 years and they have held up quite nice. :wave:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Added today but installed earlier.

05-15-13: Installed my FJ Cruiser Forums Badge Modded

Installed my FJ Cruiser Forums Badge ~ modded with 1/16" thick X 2 1/2" dia Teflon disc between the badge and grill, stainless steel studs, stainless steel flat & lock washers, & stainless steel wing nuts!
Also, used an Aluminum plate painted flat black on the backside of grill.

EDIT: Removed stainless steel wing nuts and installed stainless steel nylon insert locking nuts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
06-22-13: Installed an AMI Billet Locking Replacement Fuel Door – Modded

After reading the instructions, realizing there were only 2 secure anchor points and one automotive J clip or U clip as described in the instructions, so yesterday, I secured extra Stainless Flat Socket Cap Screws from Fastenal (1/4”-20 X 2”), assorted nylon spacers and had some stainless steel nuts. (Reminder: when using stainless on stainless use a high quality anti seize lubricant. I use Silver Goop)
After removing and installing & aligning the new door and removing the interior panel/parts for easy access, I drilled out the 2 indicated screw locations with a ¼” bit, inserted my socket head flat screws, and checked for length, cut to desired length with my dremel tool. Installed cut screws, spacers between back of door trim and body & tightened the nuts and jam nuts with help from my better half holding the allen wrench!
Will make a bracket for holding the gas cap tether next week…will post install pic.

AMI LOCKING FUEL DOOR MODDED_1

AMI LOCKING FUEL DOOR MODDED_INSIDE

AMI LOCKING FUEL DOOR MODDED_FINISHED

AMI LOCKING FUEL DOOR MODDED_FINISHED_2

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Great install and info. I think I'm about to get one of these. Looks great too. Very jealous of your cement grey
Thanks ! :D

I try to put as much info as possible to help others doing or thinking about doing the same.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
just read the beginings of your build looks great really like that new gas cap . those mud tires look awsome how are they working out for you? we have lots of mud in florida thats y im asking thanks islamoradamark

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
just read the beginings of your build looks great really like that new gas cap .
Thanks Mark, I really like my gas cap cover....my wife says "It makes your FJ look more Military!"

those mud tires look awsome how are they working out for you?
we have lots of mud in florida thats y im asking thanks islamoradamark
I haven't installed them yet... waiting for 1st week November to install for Deer Season. Currently running the BFG AT's that came on the truck.
That being said, they worked really good on my previously owned Tacoma 4X4 during last Deer Season! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
what size MTs?
They are 265/75R16
Same size as the AT's that came on the truck.
I already had them, wasn't going to trade my Tacoma in with them, they were only 5 months old!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
06-30-13: Installed my South Florida Cruisers Badge

Installed my South Florida Cruisers Badge (Acquired from islamoradamark) ~ modded with 1/16" thick X 3 1/4" dia Teflon disc between the badge and grill, stainless steel studs, stainless steel flat & lock washers, & stainless steel wing nuts!
Also, used an Aluminum plate painted flat black on the backside of grill.

EDIT: Removed stainless steel wing nuts and installed stainless steel nylon insert locking nuts

Frontal View of Badged Grill

21 - 40 of 100 Posts