Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
06-30-13: Installed my South Florida Cruisers Badge

Installed my South Florida Cruisers Badge (Acquired from islamoradamark) ~ modded with 1/16" thick X 3 1/4" dia Teflon disc between the badge and grill, stainless steel studs, stainless steel flat & lock washers, & stainless steel wing nuts!
Also, used an Aluminum plate painted flat black on the backside of grill.

EDIT: Removed stainless steel wing nuts and installed stainless steel nylon insert locking nuts

Frontal View of Badged Grill
I liked how you used a teflon disc and stainless steel hardware to keep the badges in place. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
10-22-13: Rear Window Remote Control install today.

Very easy mod!

Kudos go to joshjack on the write-up located here:
Rear Window Remote Control Writeup

Used industrial strength Velcro to hold the TR-7 to the back panel.

Tip: If you do this mod, you can use a razor blade to separate the plastic shield from the back panel by gently pulling it and using the blade to cut adhesive....it presses back nicely!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
they look great, Saker … :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
that's a good spot for an LED light bar … good height … Baz has one there on his truck …
:clap:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
that's a good spot for an LED light bar … good height … Baz has one there on his truck …
:clap:
Thought about the reflection off the hood if mounted on roof rack, so opted to replace Hella's..... they appear really bright during the day, I'll know how they are at about 4:30 AM!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Resurrecting your thread here but was wondering what brackets are you using on the front bumper for the lights? Do you still have to drill into the bumper? Trying to find a way to install my PIAAs without drilling into the bumper. Custom brackets?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Resurrecting your thread here but was wondering what brackets are you using on the front bumper for the lights? Do you still have to drill into the bumper? Trying to find a way to install my PIAAs without drilling into the bumper. Custom brackets?
Hey fensterer,

Those are OEM light bracket kit with the center brace behind the grill and the support bar under the bumper. They can be bought at your dealer or online at one of the sponsors here. I had to make a adapter plate for each side so I could affix the Led Light Bar, but if you are mounting PIAA's you will not need that adapter. If you use this support kit, you will not have any light movement from vibration!

The bumper already has the holes punched in it, all you need to do is cut the holes in the plastic bumper cover and mount your hardware. (You can look or feel in the approx. location of there the lights are mounted and feel for the holes.) The hardware came with detailed instructions as to what needed to be done.

I think this is it: TRD Parts Center
PT297-35062 Toyota

Easy as pie!

Hope this helps!:grin

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks for that. I was hoping to avoid punching any holes in the plastic but I guess it's unavoidable when mounting lights there. Eventually I am getting a new bumper but that's a ways off still and I am needing to do something so I can mount these lights I had for years that I never installed. ;)

Did you run your FJ through a full service car wash with those lights mounted that way? Any problems?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Thanks for that. I was hoping to avoid punching any holes in the plastic but I guess it's unavoidable when mounting lights there. Eventually I am getting a new bumper but that's a ways off still and I am needing to do something so I can mount these lights I had for years that I never installed. ;)

Did you run your FJ through a full service car wash with those lights mounted that way? Any problems?
If you decide to remove your bumper with a replacement, you could always get 2 automotive type filler plugs and push those into the holes you made. Easy fix.

Yes, no issues with with my lights vs car washes.
The bracket kit parts are very well made and no issues there.
On another note, I didn't run my FJ thru automated care washes that much because I did't want to ruin my finish on my FJ. After running thru car washes, you'll see scratches mysteriously appear all over your FJ!
Yea, I know, sometimes you have to, but I limited my visits!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If you decide to remove your bumper with a replacement, you could always get 2 automotive type filler plugs and push those into the holes you made. Easy fix.

Yes, no issues with with my lights vs car washes.
The bracket kit parts are very well made and no issues there.
On another note, I didn't run my FJ thru automated care washes that much because I did't want to ruin my finish on my FJ. After running thru car washes, you'll see scratches mysteriously appear all over your FJ!
Yea, I know, sometimes you have to, but I limited my visits!
Cool, I should just do it. A cheap mod I can get done relatively easy. ;)

Yeah, I usually hand wash but there are times I just need to run it through instead. Just wasn't sure how sturdy those brackets are. ;) I appreciate the info! :cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
hows much better are the speakers on a stock radio? I assume you have the non jammer version?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if you are still updating this. But.. I recently bought a 2013 FJ TT cement. Your work is clean and classy. I'm trying to figure out where to start on mine. I have been toying with the first mods being dual battery setup.

Actually the first mod was that I bought an electric power washer and hope to NEVER run it through a car wash.

I am interested in your trailer hitch setup and braking for that and the fuel monitoring device and how you like them. Would you make the same mods today?

Keep up the good work.
--
CR

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Not sure if you are still updating this. But.. I recently bought a 2013 FJ TT cement. Your work is clean and classy. I'm trying to figure out where to start on mine. I have been toying with the first mods being dual battery setup.

Actually the first mod was that I bought an electric power washer and hope to NEVER run it through a car wash.

I am interested in your trailer hitch setup and braking for that and the fuel monitoring device and how you like them. Would you make the same mods today?

Keep up the good work.
--
CR
I still keep up with the forums/link...
Never did anything with the braking, but other mods worked out very well.
Actually did the same mod for trailer reverse light on my 4Runner.
Moved my UltraScan over to my 4Runner as well!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Ran into the owner of my previously owned FJ.
Was happy to see it now belongs to someone that appreciates it for "what it is".

He obliged me by posing with my T4R for a photo shot!

Nice chatting with you today Marshall, if you need any info don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

Attachments

81 - 100 of 100 Posts