Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we are going to be passing through Salt Lake City Sunday night July 6th on the way north for our Continental Divide Expedition and I was curious if any of you folks in the area could recommend a place to have a casual dinner for me & my sons (17 & 10) and maybe meet up with some of you.

After dinner we plan to head north out of town and camp somewhere if that makes a difference in recommendations.
Temps are looking low 90's by then so maybe somewhere indoors or patio for dinner. Casual is our style.
Of course it doesn't hurt the cause to know where we will meet so I can give a heads up to local media in case they are interested in the cause.

It would be great to meet up with anyone local to the area or visit shops or whatever cool ideas are in your head....
All thoughts welcome
Thanks in advance

Dinner at Tres Hombres at 6pm...you won't miss my FJ in the parking lot...

See everyone there!

Please post up if you think you might be there so I can let them know a number.

·
Registered
493 Posts
What are you looking for? (food type?Seafood, mexican, italian, ) Budget? Most restaurants in this valley are casual. Maybe some of the "utah cruisers" could join?
Here's a few off the top of my head (non-chain places, we have most of those around here if that is what you want)

-Market Street Grill/Broiler (seafood, good but a bit spendy)
-Tres Hombres (tex/mex, mexican, large portions, medium priced, you will not leave hungry, large selection of good quality tequilias, great chips and salsas)
-Squatters (local brew pub, decent food, seasonal patio seating)
-z-tejas (mexican/southwestern)
-The pie (pizza, several locations)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Are you looking to off-road?

American Fork Canyon isn't very far away and has some interesting trails.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think we will have time to run a trail as we are coming from Las Vegas that morning and I have to pick up my son at the airport in SLC.

I like the sound of the Tres Hombres (thanks Mike) for a meet & greet if anyone will be around...since it will be me & my 2 sons = 3 guys = Tres Hombres :)

Also an easy to find place makes it easy for media should we be able to get any attention up there (any help putting the word out would be great)

After that we will head north of town looking for a place to camp for the night (fully setup and equipped for remote camping)....

All suggestions welcome for camping and so far I like the sound of Tres Hombres....anyone free to meet up that night?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will update the first post now with

Dinner at Tres Hombres at 6pm...you won't miss my FJ in the parking lot...

See everyone there!

Please post up if you think you might be there so I can let them know a number.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Disabled Explorers will be a life-time thing for me as an amputee :)
I do plan on having more events in the SLC area...one thought I have is that since I am in Phx I would dirt road to Las Vegas on a Sat , host an event on Sunday, dirt work to SLC through the week, gotta explore UTAH, then host an event on Sat,and highway home on Sunday...maybe in Sept/Oct???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts