Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to have nothing but good to report about my experience with Sam's today. Watching them pull on the rack for an initial reading of my self installed screw up.

List of items to complete.

Adjust Icon UCAs out to allow to allow for corrected alignment.

Adjust track bar to allow for rear track correction.

Adjust Lower and Upper Links accordingly

Align

To do's on the list that were, to some degree, denied, even though it would've been a future appointment.

Weld on front reservoir and rear reservoir mounts.
Weld on spindle gussets.
Weld on cans for bump stops.
Cycle Suspension for bump stops.

I'm honestly not surprised. If you have a niche, and plenty of business in that niche, then why take on the liability of expanding solely for one customer.

Will post up the net result of this trip once completed in the event anyone else local is in need of professional install.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No report today. It seems my FJ has become another casualty of the oppressive heat, and the new shop closing time of 3pm didn't allow for completion.

On the rack, at least, with no major issues reported, so at least no news is good news.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks. Tell them to nut up.
No doubt. I feel the pain of the heat, and productivity amongst my guys is nada, so I get it, but they have fans, Porta Cools, and an air conditioned showroom to retreat to. Times is hard.

Spent a couple of hours on alignment, after spending a couple of hours on going over the rest of some issues.

When cycling the rear, it stops short of stuffing by 1"-1 1/2" when on the lift, and raising one side of axle to the point it almost lifts off lift frame.

The front was claimed to have clearance, but all of this is with truck frame level, not off camber.

Erroneous info until I drive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had Sam's put my ARB bar on 2 years ago and a leveling kit and loved the guys, Coby is great. I actually went back this summer and had them put on a 3inch OME and bigger tires as well. Great place.

:cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new to the forum and just bought a 2014 FJ, which I'm planning to get some mods done by a top notch shop. I'm looking at doing the OME lift, 33" tires, ARB front and rear bumpers, skid plates and sliders, etc. Obviously Sam's is in my backyard (Tulsa) but I'd also be willing to drop it off somewhere else within a few hundred mile radius. Any suggestions or words of wisdom? Thank you much.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
RESERECT the ZINGO!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts