Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the strong/semi-ridged plastic shipping pallets and cut them up to make sand ladders? Many receiving warehouses don't reused these and just toss them out. Most are 4' by 4' in size, but I've seen variations in the sizes. The plastic material is both strong and light weight.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of these pallets have a waffle type construction with completely open rectangular holes. They are only smooth on the top cargo side.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Has anyone used the strong/semi-ridged plastic shipping pallets and cut them up to make sand ladders? Many receiving warehouses don't reused these and just toss them out. Most are 4' by 4' in size, but I've seen variations in the sizes. The plastic material is both strong and light weight.
I have used them, and they are OK - but they don't offer much traction because the surface is relatively smooth. The composite material splinters, so you have to be careful handling them, and be careful what they come in contact with. THey do work pretty well as bridging ladders because of their structural rigidity, but I now use MaxTrax for my sand / mud / snow ladder needs - lighter, with better traction (but more expensive).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts