Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
The quicksand is growing on me, starting to like it, and really liking the wheels are those 16's or 17's on the quicksand?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I like those wheels. And I like the deep rich color of the Quicksand. But I'm not giving up my Sandstorm.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The quicksand is growing on me, starting to like it, and really liking the wheels are those 16's or 17's on the quicksand?
the new wheels are 17s.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Parked my sandstorm by its evil brother...the dark quicksand! I like both...my wife pointed out the quicksand is more "masculine" but the sandstorm is "prettier"!
I remember when a friend first saw my Sandstorm, she referred to the truck as being "cute". How do they come up with these statements? I do not see my Sandstorm as being cute or pretty......

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I dunno, but my Sandstorm is pretty cute !!!

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I like my Sandstorm, it seemed like a girl to me so I named her Mary.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I like them both, however, I still prefer the Sandstorm for two reasons: it is light enough to allow simple graphics such as my business lettering to stand out and the lighter color allows it to look clean and rarely need washing.

Is the new color closer to the original dune beige than the Sandstorm, maybe even a little darker ?

On a side note, I haven't been impressed with Toyota's color expertice on the FJ lineup (i.e. what to offer and what to eliminate).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quicksand is much darker than I thought it would be...not like the "safari" color I was thinking. I agree with the others - I like my sandstorm a little more, she's got class and ruggedness. A fire engine red would be different or a rich brown would look nice with the white top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts