Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I know that QuickSand is 2011 color and still not so many on the road.
But I'm sure not only me but many people on this forum are interested to see side by side FJs with these two different but very similar colors.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All
I would also be interested to see the difference,hard to see the difference in seperate photo's
regards
I don't think that in OZ u will have Sandstorm, because 2011 is the first year of FJ in your region.
Thanks for the input, hope some forum member will respond to this.
BTW how is it there people start buying it or still not so much.
I bought my FJ in UAE in october 2007, but now you can't drive even 5km without seeing FJ.

PS.
Pics of new blue next to old blue will also interesting to see;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi
I have obtained a colour sheet for the FJ Cruiser colours when released here next month and some of the colours have different names to the ones you have in America,our Army green will be called Jungle,Cavalry will be called Military Blue,Sun Fusion will be Hornet Yellow,this colour will only be available for a brief period on release as will be Voodoo Blue. Last but not least will be Quicksand,this colour will be called Sandstorm in Oz. I do not understand why the different names,makes no sense to me
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hi!
I know that QuickSand is 2011 color and still not so many on the road.
But I'm sure not only me but many people on this forum are interested to see side by side FJs with these two different but very similar colors.
Thanks in advance
Topalev,

You asked...and here it is. :clap:

We just had a run today on the Gunsight Pass trail south of Tucson. Luckily, I was following a nice Sandstorm FJ most of the day and have some comparison photos.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Nice color, thanks for posting them!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi and thanks for posting the pictures,bigger colour difference when they are close to each other than i would have thought
regards
AUSSIE CRUISER

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AZFJTOY, thanks for posting photos.
You got nice ride.
I like quicksand more than sandstorm.
New color is a bit more brownish vs old milkish beige color.

I think you should black out your silver parts and paint wheels body color, than your FJ will have only 3 colors, white roof, quicksand(car and rims) and black on the bottom.

Just a suggestion, everyone has different taste;)

now we need to find new blue vs old, and than it will be very useful thread

If someone has more pics color VS color, don't hesitate, just post it here;)

·
fka FJ KROOZER
174 Posts
Here's a pictures at the meeting point before our outing last weekend with the UAE FJ group. You can see that parked next to each other the Quicksand makes the Sandstorm look almost white.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
lol I didn't even realize they had another color change... I like it though, much more similar to the old FJ color. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I'm thinking I really like this Quicksand color! This would be the only other color I would have for my FJ, I'm pretty sure. But I'd probably still go with Voodoo Blue a third time, because I can SEE it while I'm out and about in the forests of the Eastern US. All the other colors the FJ has been draped in simply blend-in to the foliage after a number of yards.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Question for all the sandstorm and now quicksand owners. Have you ever found sand colored tires? I would think the military would possibly make sand colored tires for their vehicles in the desert? Just an idea, google image wasn't helpful and I gave up looking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1.military guys doesn't paint their tires.
(for example here in middle east they are using color something between sandstorm and quicksand color for their car and rims they leave unpainted front and rear lights, windows and tires)
2.it is pointless to paint tires because paint will gone after just a bit of driving+if u do desert driving paint will be gone even faster, sand driving has same impact on paint as sand paper)))

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
These colors are the least of my favorites with the Sandstorm taking the bottom spot, but on the other hand the Iceberg is one of my favorites.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I'll get some pictures of Voodoo vs. Cavalry Blue this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts