Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH GEEZE! I saw a pic of how high the snow banks are on a thread, but to see how much snow there still is...wow!

Google Maps

click on google maps and check it out...just over 2 more weeks till Summit...I don't think Black Bear into Telluride is going to be open??? I HOPE IT IS! and if they're able to plow the path through, that would be awesome to drive through the snow banks:clap:.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Wow! That is a bunch of snow!

See you in Moab!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
923 Posts
OH GEEZE! I saw a pic of how high the snow banks are on a thread, but to see how much snow there still is...wow!

Google Maps

click on google maps and check it out...just over 2 more weeks till Summit...I don't think Black Bear into Telluride is going to be open??? I HOPE IT IS! and if they're able to plow the path through, that would be awesome to drive through the snow banks:clap:.

Just so you know, google sat picts are usualy not real time... or even close.. in fact they can be up to 5 years old depending on the area. If you pan to the left it's suddenly spring.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Fantastic map. When was the satellite image taken? If it was within the the last couple weeks, I don't think Black Bear will be open for Summit 2.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
My nephew works for google. No, the photos are never current. May be years old.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
No way that is wayy out dated when I look at my house from google maps its 2 years ago:lol: but still cool thanks for posting...its going to open no worries!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
What,,,, there are no Google "Street Views" up there!!!!! What a rip-off!!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NICE! I had a feeling that the map wouldn't be current. OK, good to know...I'm still bringing chains though:rocker:

See you in Moab Dale:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Not current, I was there a couple weeks ago and there is not nearly that much snow still on the mountain, especially lower on the trail, which is open up a little past Bridal Veil Falls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts