Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured id start a new thread to ask if anyone knows whether any option package that toyota is rumored to be offering includes a satelite radio option. im assuming that because it's, well, satelite,...that id be able to get my ballgames while out in the country and the woods.

so if anyone knows........do tell!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToyBox said:
Good because I hate Howie Stern and was going to go XM anyway.
i want the baseball package. any other distinctions between xm and sirius besides howie?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I haven't really looked into it but I did know stern was going to sirius. I hope the NHL is on XM though but I could live without it.

There are general differences is what i've heard. Like types of programming and amounts of commercials.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure if it's exclusive or not, but I get a lot of college sports on my Sirius. The thing XM has that I'd like is MLB, just not sure if I want to give up my NFL to get it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slab said:
Not sure if it's exclusive or not, but I get a lot of college sports on my Sirius. The thing XM has that I'd like is MLB, just not sure if I want to give up my NFL to get it.
sometimes a free market economy fucking sucks

·
Banned
34 Posts
Here's the real differences:

XM Has MLB & MUCH lesser sound quality.

Sirius has everything else & superior sound quality.

Own both for a year and hands down you'll choose Sirius.

Better company, better programming, better quality...period

PS: And I hate Howard Stern!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

I found it to be quite the opposite as far as sound quality and channel choice. I had both for several months and opted for XM since it did have baseball. Besides, it doesn't have the annoying Stern channel as its default.

Personally the whole argument between XM and Sirius is pretty moronic.(Ford vs. Chevy; Harley vs Jap; etc. etc.) Eventually they'll merge and you'll get the same thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I agree all the way, but not too long ago, I heard that Sirius and XM are same company owned. Sirius is West Coastish and XM is East Coastish, how true? I don't know. But Sirius all the way!! and I'm Sirius.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Xm and Sirius are two seperate companys, both cover ALL of the U.S. The Two companys are in talks to merge at the end of the year. If you are making you sole decision on witch to choose because of Howard Stern, you people are very closed minded, that is what the dial is for. The only major sport that Sirius does not have is MLB, Nascar just joined this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
JUst for **its and giggles. I ride too fast,too far and too often to ride a Harley! :)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have XM and my wifes 4 runner has Sirius. Go to Best Buy (or similar) and pick up a free brochure that outlines the programing for each-go with the one that fits your style the best. The reciever unit options are slightly different for each too.
I feel it would be good if the 2 merged, as they are discussing, but I'll bet the FCC will state that it would be creating a monopoly (true) and will kill the plan. I actually like both-Sirius edges out for some of the music choices that I like. I do hate that Martha Stewart and Stern get some of my monthly Sirius money though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's the Sirius Canada program guide...And here's the US version. Personally, I love Sirius...it has pretty much everything you would want to listen to (I'm sure XM does as well). I love the "Hair Nation" channel (all 80's and 90's hair bands), Octane (all modern rock), Lithium (90's grunge and alternative), the Blue Collar Comedey and of course, Howard Stern. A buddy of mine started with Sirius, then went to XM and decided to go back to Sirius. His opinion was that Sirius had more variety in their programming. He also said that the sound quality was better with Sirius as well.

My only complaint right now with Sirius is that because of FCC restrictions on trasmitting fm signals, they had to lower the strength of their fm transmitters. I really can notice the difference between my older (Starmate) reciever and my new (sportster replay) reciever. This isn't a real problem with the FJ Cruisers because the fjc has an auxillary port. You can simply connect the audio out of the reciever to the auxillary port and your sound is way better than a regular radio station.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My FJ came with Sirius installed, the antenna was placed on the inside,
on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror.
Getting lousy reception, fades way too much, the dealership is supposed to be in contact with Toyota as far as changing the location of the antenna on future installations.
At least this is what they told me.
Either I relocate antenna, or cancel Sirius after the first free nine months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
XM and Sirius are in the process of merging. In my opinion Sirius is much better, they have most of the major sports stations ESPN, NFL, NBA, better music channels and howard stern.

·
Registered
152 Posts
XM and Sirius are in the process of trying to merge. It may take a while due to Government involvement and then may not happen.

When I bought mine with XM the service shop told me there is a shortage of sat receivers and they may not be able to find one. They did and it works fine with an external magnetic antennae.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts