Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Don't know of any wireless ones out there, but ther eis also no need to gothru pillars. Mount the antenna on a corner of the roof and run the cable down in the seam above and beside of the windshield. It makes very little difference to go to the center of the windshield, so going to the corner gives you extra cable for the inside. The cable is small and fits very nicely into this seam. I then took a small length of wooden dowel painted black and pushed it in over the cable in a couple of places to assure it dowes not jump out.

When you get to the bottom of the windshield, run the cable behind the front quarter paned and into the space by the door. A few pieces of electricians tape will hold it in place there. when you pass by the weatherstripping be sure to have it angling upwards when it enters the cab of the vehicle. This will keep and raqin from also coming in. You can now route it behind the glove box and over to the center console.

I mounded my XM on a vent clip and ran the audio down to the AUX plug. The antenna cable and come out of the side of the center console and up to the XM radio. For power, I mounted a three plug strip on the side of the center console. Now for the runs up to the radio, I ran the power, antenna, and audio in a section of black flex cable sleeve along the edge of the console.

The whole thing took maybe 20 minutes to complete, and no holes drilled or major parts removed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts