Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering satellite radio, price and ease of installation are inhibiting factors for me as my skill-set leaves a lot to be desired (understatement).

Looking at plug and play sets, but running wires through pillars and removing dash components is intimidating for me.

Might be a stupid question, but is there a wireless antenna system out there?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the feedback. Looking at it, and a few other posts on the subject, I think I'm going to go through the firewall on the drivers side, then up through the thumb tab on the fuse cover, connecting it to the unit which I will mount to the silver vent cover with 3m (don't want to drill as this may be temporary).

I would like to tap into the "add a circuit" for the power supply as mentioned by Landcruiser Steve in this post: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics/27862-xm-radio-install-pics.html, but despite his excellent instructions, my ignorance is encyclopedic in this regard. I will, however, notch out the unused switch blank for the aux and run that wire under the dash

From all the plug and play installs I've seen, this one seems fairly clean and simple, and I like the mounting loaction too

Thanks again for all the help. I'll let you know how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts