Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're getting some rain and possibly some snow. It'll be a fun time to head out and explore the trails. Let's meet up 9:30am at the Sierra/I-15 fwy exit. We can check out Lytle Creek and possibly make trek through the mountain and drop down the Lone Pine side. At that point we can trek over Cleghorn or up the less travelled Cajon area. We'll play by ear.

Post if interested. Dress warm!

·
Registered
280 Posts
You might consider the Baldy Mesa trail. It's pretty cool. We aren't expecting snow in the mountains, but there is rain on the high desert and Cajon pass.

mk

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a fun run today. Not as much snow as we'd experienced last Winter, but it was still fun! Checked out a couple of less traveled trails as well, but we were foiled in our attempt to get to the Lone Pine side. The trail was closed.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snow at around 5500ft.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Part of the trail looked like a stream! Rain was coming down hard during parts of the run.

What's a snow run without some "stucks" :D Miguel got someone out :)

Gorgeous views from 3N31

It was fun meeting everyone! Had a great dinner with my son at The Hat. The pastrami was delicious!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, that is oh-so-very-cool. I can't wait to pop my cherry and take my FJ on a trail. Work has been keeping me busy on the weekends, and I can never join in on this. And when I didn't have work this weekend, I didn't check the site to know about this. I missed out. Oh well... Mine is a all stock one and I don't know if it could have done the rocky part of the trail I think... Great pictures by the way!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow, that is oh-so-very-cool. I can't wait to pop my cherry and take my FJ on a trail. Work has been keeping me busy on the weekends, and I can never join in on this. And when I didn't have work this weekend, I didn't check the site to know about this. I missed out. Oh well... Mine is a all stock one and I don't know if it could have done the rocky part of the trail I think... Great pictures by the way!
FooFoo you would be surprised how well a stock FJ will do offroad. Keep your eyes on the local threads and hook up with these guys. They are great with newbs and will help you to learn your rig. Dont shy away because you havent gone on trails yet. The best way to learn is with experienced wheelers. I have gone on a few trails with the guys from the forum and they are always willing to help a new guy out. Now is the time of year to do it. The snow runs in your FJ are always a blast. Have fun, See you in the snow!

Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks great, Just picked up my 2010 FJ, hopefully I can join in on one of the runs soon!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

FooFoo you would be surprised how well a stock FJ will do offroad. Keep your eyes on the local threads and hook up with these guys. They are great with newbs and will help you to learn your rig. Dont shy away because you havent gone on trails yet. The best way to learn is with experienced wheelers. I have gone on a few trails with the guys from the forum and they are always willing to help a new guy out. Now is the time of year to do it. The snow runs in your FJ are always a blast. Have fun, See you in the snow!

Mark
Hey, I do post weekday runs too! Don't be discouraged by not having any mods. Well said Mark. Just try it. If you don't like what you're seeing you can always turn around or bypass. It's not a race and we're always willing help out.

Looks great, Just picked up my 2010 FJ, hopefully I can join in on one of the runs soon!
Hope to see you out there soon.

Sweet Dubs! :rofl:

Looks like a fun trip.
It was fun :). A couple of his wheels are scratched from spinning in the loose rocks. Wonder if he's going to cry over that. :roller:

great pics.......
Your junk did not make it. :lol: :wave:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Went up there today. It seems like there wasn't as much snow today when comparing with your pics. Still pretty nice though, only a couple trucks were on the trail.

Oh and my parents are members (myself.. and the next couple generations :lol:) of the resort that you took a pic of.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Snow runs are always fun. Maybe we'll start to see some snow after Thanksgiving-hopefully!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone know if there is snow on any of the trails after Sundays dusting?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Sweet run! Wish i'd checked the SoCal posts for this one.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm still waiting to get some good snow. We have some but we should have more as it gets closer to New Years. Maybe a Holiday Snow Run?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts