Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the raw footage from Saturday's Imogene run at 7:30am.

Not edited, will get to that later!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Holy coolness batman
That's me with the Yakima box :)

Rob you're da man. it's like my own personal camera crew!
I was hoping I would see what it looked like when we tipped up off the rear wheel (4:05ish)----not as dramatic as it felt and of coarse we didn't score the inclonometer pic but being newbie wheelers with two kids under 2 in the FJ I think we did ok.

Thanks again we had the best time ever!!!!!!!!! next time we'll put your camera on my fj and get your vehicle.

Cheers!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was awesome. thanks for sharing. what did you shoot that with?
I used the GoPro HD Hero motorsports edition. Shoots all types of video up to 1080P, and still pics on a batch (up to 5 shots in a row) or interval basis (from memory 2second to 60 second intervals).

I had to mod it a bit to allow a USB connection to the truck as the battery only lasts 2.5 hours, with the connection, the limit is only the memory card.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy coolness batman
That's me with the Yakima box :)

Rob you're da man. it's like my own personal camera crew!
I was hoping I would see what it looked like when we tipped up off the rear wheel (4:05ish)----not as dramatic as it felt and of coarse we didn't score the inclonometer pic but being newbie wheelers with two kids under 2 in the FJ I think we did ok.

Thanks again we had the best time ever!!!!!!!!! next time we'll put your camera on my fj and get your vehicle.

Cheers!
If you pause the vid on the time of any frames you want, I can send you the non-video shots. PM me a good email address and I'll send you the ones of your truck "showing it's knickers"! :rocker:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the one I did of California gulch, the previous day . . .

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Rob - my son and I were on that ride with you and watching this brought it all back. What a hoot! Thank you, except that I have now added another thing to my bucket list and IF I get that camera, maybe you can help me with the battery hookup. :clap:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob - my son and I were on that ride with you and watching this brought it all back. What a hoot! Thank you, except that I have now added another thing to my bucket list and IF I get that camera, maybe you can help me with the battery hookup. :clap:
Any time sir :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey dougb i was behind you and your son most of that trip and really enjoyed talking racks with ya. Nice TT ---Yeah that camera dealeo is on my to get list for sure! Hope to see you guys next year

Rob - my son and I were on that ride with you a.nd watching this brought it all back. What a hoot! Thank you, except that I have now added another thing to my bucket list and IF I get that camera, maybe you can help me with the battery hookup. :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Quality work!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Rob,

Both videos are great. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed visiting with you and your family. Your 2 year old, Bethan, is a cutie. I thought it was great that she had her own FJ name badge.

Too bad you didn't win the lower arms in the raffle.

Regards, Ken

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Very cool.
Thanks for sharing, bud.

So, is this like just every some-thousandth frame or what?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very cool.
Thanks for sharing, bud.

So, is this like just every some-thousandth frame or what?
I had it set to one frame every 5 seconds, with each frame in the video lasting .04 seconds when converted to video. It's not as smooth as speeding up a complete video, but it means I can run it indefinitely to capture the footage.

This Imogene footage that you see is really a set of 2600 still photos linked together in Pinnacle Studio . . . .

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob,

Both videos are great. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed visiting with you and your family. Your 2 year old, Bethan, is a cutie. I thought it was great that she had her own FJ name badge.

Too bad you didn't win the lower arms in the raffle.

Regards, Ken
Thanks Ken - it was a pleasure hanging out with you! I'll just have to try harder to break my Lowers then it will be an easy justify with the better half! :)

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I had it set to one frame every 5 seconds, with each frame in the video lasting .04 seconds when converted to video. It's not as smooth as speeding up a complete video, but it means I can run it indefinitely to capture the footage.

This Imogene footage that you see is really a set of 2600 still photos linked together in Pinnacle Studio . . . .
Aha. Cool, thanks :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts