Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
The Saudi FJs come standard with a tire inflator.
Not a "standard" feature, but an optional "dealer-installed" aftermarket accessory.

Some dealerships in the GCC region will install a number of non-OEM Toyota options, including off-road flags, Bushwacker fender flares, LED driving lamps, on-board air compressor, etc. Kind of like dealers in the US South-Eastern region that used to install non-Toyota options like aftermarket hitches, etc. as part of special "dealer packages".

Somewhere I have some information on who actually makes this compressor system, but I can't find it right now. If I remember correctly, there was nothing particularly unique about it, performance wasn't as good as a single ARB compressor.

Here's the features & options list from the 2019 FJ Cruiser brochure by Al-Futtaim Motors in the UAE:

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
6,514 Posts
as @FJtest says... Al Futtaim do the upgrades. I understood that the compressor was an ARB single unit but could be wrong.
The compressor is a knockoff of the ARB air locker activation system (so not as good as the ARB single). It's slower than a wet week, but it'll do the job, and it's fairly idiot-proof.

·
Desert Moderator
6,514 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts