Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, the USFS announced their plans for "managment" of the Upper Tellico UHV Area. This plan includes closing or changing 15.5 out of the 39.5 miles of trails, including closing most of the challenging areas. The summary looks like this:

1) Schoolbus GONE
2) Slickrock GONE
3) Lower 2 GONE
4) If Helicopter Pad bypass cannot be successfully bypassed... GONE
5) The Ledge at Peckerwood GONE

Now, I am BEGGING you...on my hands and knees, to please get involved in this fight. This forum can be a huge influence on the outcome of this action. But to do that, we all need to get involved. Take this back to your clubs, your friends, your regional forums, whatever and whereever you need to go to get support. We need people to comment!

Here is a LINK to all the information you need to educate yourself on what is going on: LINK TO TELLICO INFO FROM THE USFS

If you don't want to read all that, then please consider sending a letter or an email to the USFS telling them that you oppose the closing of any trails at Tellico and that you think that they should give more effort and money to trying to maintain and keep the trails open.

Here is the info for sending comments:

"Your comments may be sent to Tusquitee District Ranger, 123 Woodland Drive, Murphy, NC28906. Comments may also be sent via email to [email protected]fs.fed.us. We would appreciate receiving your comments by July 9, 2008."​

Please, PLEASE...help us keep this area open!

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Tellico was the first place I ever off-roaded in my '84' Jeep CJ-7. I was amazed at the size of the place and really just of the fact that there was even places like this so close to my home.

Now I'm not just one of these "....hey it's my land and I'll use it however I want..." kind of people. If I must say I'm a bit of tree hugger myself, but I also like my hobby of off-roading and I think that they can coexist if we can all just find some middle ground.

Unfortunately the "enviromentalists" have stronger support. It's just the plain truth. This is where we all come in. To keep these lands open for our enjoyment we have to become a stronger voice, myself included. Sitting back and letting other people do the work for us will not work. Numbers is what we need to make a statement, so please if you are an off-roader who enjoys the trails at Tellico, or anywhere for that matter, make your voice heard so we can keep enjoying these trails and keep them open for our kids to enjoy as well.

Just a short email to the link in Heathers post above would be great. It just takes a few minutes to help in keeping Tellico open.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Because when they're through with Tellico they'll have nothing but time on their hands and they'll be coming to an OHV park near you.

Take some time to write a paragraph and drop it in the mailbox. Or you might as well sell your truck now because the only crawling you'll do is at the mall.

Heather, thank you for all the work you do to bring Tellico's issues to us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts