Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forums. Just got some new fender flares and as I read on some threads here, my tires pretty much got swallowed. Before I put on the flares I ordered some new tires. 265/75-16. Same size, but more mud terrain looking tires. I looked into getting the All-Pro wheel spacers because I feel that if they were out further they wouldn't look as tiny. I talked to a tire shop guy today and he said he wouldn't recommend because of the threads you lose on your lugs. That my tires might fall off. I did see that they have extended lugs on the site. Any suggestions? Should I get the 1.25 or the 1.5, and do you think that would make it look a little less swallowed? Maybe post some pics of bushwacker or bushwacker style with standard tires, no lift kit, and spacers?? Pretty specific I know.:grin. I did post a pic, give me your thoughts and opinions. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
I don't think pushing out with wheel spacers is going to change the appearance. Personally I think any tire smaller than a 34 does not look right with the flares and 35's they look perfect on. suggest you start saving for tires...

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
285/75-16's typically fit without a lift with the right alignment. That is a 33 inch tire which I believe still looks small with the flares but would be an improvement.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
285's or metric 33s with a BMC should work. I don't know what kind of spacers you are looking at, but spacers like spidertrax are really wheel adapters and have their own studs and are hub centric. I think your tire guy was talking about old fashioned wheel spacers that just stack up between the hub and wheel.

Reactions: rage
1 - 8 of 8 Posts