Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which Mod Next?

• Doug Thorley Long Tubes and Y-Pipe

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Pioneer Touch Screen DVD player and UCA's

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Expedition One Front Bumper

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Pioneer Head Unit and Y-Pipe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pioneer Head Unit and Headers

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other mods costing about 900$ listed in your thread reply?

Votes: 12 35.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOU NEEDED SOME MORE MODS!!! What would you buy? :thinkerg: Here's what I have already...

Current Mods-PIAA extreme white plus headlights, 6x9 Alpine Type S speakers, Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust, scangaugeII, Garmin 260W GPS, 255/75/17 BFG MT's, Toytec OME lift kit, AFE CAI, AFE TBS, Amber Hella 500's. :bigthumb:

Needed Mods- Expedition One Front+Rear Bumper, ARB or Baja Roof Rack, Pioneer Touchscreen DVD Head Unit, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers and Y-Pipe, Winch (probably with the bumper:lol:) and misc suspension components (upper UCA's, lower UCA's, skids etc)

So what next?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Skids, rock rails, and recovery gears. May need more then $900! :D

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang it!! How could I forget Trail Gear Rock Sliders??!!!! Im fired, too much excitement thinking about new toys!:lol:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Some Bud Builts, Sliders, and maybe a CO2 tank!:rocker::rocker:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually decided to go with an All Pro Front Bumper.......I think:lol: OK, so how's 85% sure? Thanks for the input everyone!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Is there a reason why you chose to upgrade bumper before getting sliders and rails?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a method to my madness!!

1. I do not wheel my vehicle here in Florida as most places out here suck! If you like the beach or mud holes you would be thrilled, I sir, DO NOT!

2. The most asthetically pleasing thing you can do to an FJ (aside from a lift and tires) is install a cool looking front bumper! IMO.

3. I badly want to install a set of LightForce Blitz 240's and there is not enough clearance between the front bezel and the stock bumper mounting holes to fit those magnificent beasts. :mecry:

4. I will be moving to New Mexico in 7 months, it is then that I will purchase Trail Gear Rock Sliders and a few choice skid plates :bigthumb:

If you have ever been to New Mexico you would know that there are some very choice rocks to crawl over and even more choice rocks to hit with your oil pan on desolate desert trails :bandit: =====> :lol:

....and thats why I purchase mods in the wrong order. :rofl:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I don't know if the Pioneer AVIC-D3 is still on sale (around $500), but that is one of my planned mods..................but then so is the "Wyoming Style" Expedition One bumper......

Decisions decisions decisions!

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
There is a method to my madness!!

1. I do not wheel my vehicle here in Florida as most places out here suck! If you like the beach or mud holes you would be thrilled, I sir, DO NOT!

2. The most asthetically pleasing thing you can do to an FJ (aside from a lift and tires) is install a cool looking front bumper! IMO.

3. I badly want to install a set of LightForce Blitz 240's and there is not enough clearance between the front bezel and the stock bumper mounting holes to fit those magnificent beasts. :mecry:

4. I will be moving to New Mexico in 7 months, it is then that I will purchase Trail Gear Rock Sliders and a few choice skid plates :bigthumb:

If you have ever been to New Mexico you would know that there are some very choice rocks to crawl over and even more choice rocks to hit with your oil pan on desolate desert trails :bandit: =====> :lol:

....and thats why I purchase mods in the wrong order. :rofl:
Seems to be a sound plan. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
709 Posts
My last $900 went for the Man-a Fre skids. The $900 before that went for the Engle Frig/freezer and TwoZone compartment and covers. The $900 before that went for the Warn rear bumper. Before that, $900 went for the Warn 9000i and a winch cradle for the rear receiver, or my friends' vehicles who don't have winches. Then it was the ARB bull bar, not to mention the M8000 winch (only $520). Then......another $900. Then.......another $900. Then.......another $900. I think I may have an addiction problem.....and why does everything cost $900?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts