Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all you scangauge guys, I need some info..

I am working on a software package to allow us to monitor everything we can get available. This uses the standard OBDII interface just like the scangauge. The standard codes allow you to get to a lot of info, but not the trans temp or oil press. Once I know the codes I can set this up in a couple of minutes, as a virtual dash-board gauge or a data logging item.
I've got all the standard codes working and have it calculating instantaneous and avg. mileage.
Can anyone tell me what the codes are for trans temp and oil press?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The one million dollar question :rocker: I hope you can figure this one out :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Folks have been trying to find out that info for a while now. One of Toyota's best kept secrets.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I never quite understood why you have to drive a transport truck in order to get a full compliment of gauges....Doesn't it make sense that the manufacturer would want you to be informed as to your vehicles vitals.

·
Premium Member
17,092 Posts
I would be interested if you find out the codes. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I am just about finished with this code. It's working well in my truck on my laptop. But I still need these codes. I am just about ready to go plead with the dealer to see if I can talk with a tech to see if I can put an analyzer on the line while they take the readings. If I can see the codes they use, I know I can make it work..
I'll keep looking on the net as well.
If anyone comes up with anything, please PM me.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Surely, it can't be that hard?
But, then again, what do I know? I would love to find out some extra codes so I can monitor the other systems in my FJ. (I might even pay for them!)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Surely, it can't be that hard?
But, then again, what do I know? I would love to find out some extra codes so I can monitor the other systems in my FJ. (I might even pay for them!)
Attaching something inline should get something. Then again, if it was that easy, it would probably be all over the internet.

A service tech told me that only recently did corporate Toyota allow them wiring diagrams for certain parts of the ECU for diagnoses. The usual response to ECU problems was remove, replace, and send to Toyota. For the most part, it still is.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the codes are for trans temp and oil press?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this will help on the trans codes.
DTC "A" circuit. PO705, PO710, PO711, PO712, PO713
DTC "B" circuit. P2740, P2742, P2743.
Couldn't find anything for the oil pressure.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I never quite understood why you have to drive a transport truck in order to get a full compliment of gauges....Doesn't it make sense that the manufacturer would want you to be informed as to your vehicles vitals.
The more gauges people have the more stupid questions they will ask the dealer. I think that's why most passenger cars don't provide you with all the gauges. Porsche may be an exception as well as some other high end cars. Professional truck drivers get a full compliment of gauges because they know what they are doing and the vehicles work much harder than the average car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I am just about finished with this code. It's working well in my truck on my laptop. But I still need these codes. I am just about ready to go plead with the dealer to see if I can talk with a tech to see if I can put an analyzer on the line while they take the readings. If I can see the codes they use, I know I can make it work..
I'll keep looking on the net as well.
If anyone comes up with anything, please PM me.
Where did you purchase your scanner from, are they difficult to install?

:boohoo:

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Where did you purchase your scanner from, are they difficult to install?

:boohoo:
It plugs into the OBDII port under the driver's side dash. That's it.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can anyone tell me what the codes are for trans temp and oil press?
Not sure if this will help on the trans codes.
DTC "A" circuit. PO705, PO710, PO711, PO712, PO713
DTC "B" circuit. P2740, P2742, P2743.
Couldn't find anything for the oil pressure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks But those are DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes), which are great once something is going out, or has gone.
What I am looking for are some real time codes that the ECU will respond to with information. Typically I send down an 01 code with another code following it that tells the ECU "give me data on this sensor" and it responds with a 41 and the data. Then I just have to run a calc to convert units (most things are metric) and viola I have something to display.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts