Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to purchase and install ScanGuage II in my FJ. But my FJ is the middle east version. I would like to know if my FJ has the OBDII.

So a question to all those with the Scnaguage. Where is this ODBII located in the car? Please provide provide connection pictures if possible.

All your help is appreciated. This forum sure rocks.

fk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hope this helps. Camera is 'down' right now, but this shouldn't be too hard to spot. Look for a black plastic, oval shaped cover about 3/4 inch by almost 2". It should be under the dash (put your head under the steering wheel, and look up). It's nearly behind the in-dash fuse panel, pointing down. I'd doubt the middle east version ODB would be any different than the North America, so try this. Have fun!

PS-- you might want to think about ordering an extra cable. If you install this such that the cable isn't easy to remove, another cable could come in handy for another car. You can just unplug the cable at the SG, temporarily move the SG to another vehicle, and use the extra cable to connect.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Right under where I'm pointing is where the OBD II port is,,,

See where the black cable is pluggud in? THAT is the OBD II port. It comes from the factory with a little rubber cover over it (that's the cover dangling next to the SG II cable). You must pop off the little cover to plug in the SG II.

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
There should also be a label on the bottom of the hood that describes the compliance of the engine (i.e. OBD-II).

DEWFPO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts