Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good stories about their runs at the Summit?

We went on a separate run which was meant to go to Corkscrew, but went down a road to the right instead..........which went down SOME OF THE STEEPEST TIGHTEST SWITCHBACKS I HAVE EVER SEEN:jawdrop:

I now understand the pucker factor...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yep. That trail we drove on which goes from Silverton to Ouray and on up through Montrose to Grand Junction was sooooo scary! Talk about gettin' yer panties in a wad! We came into the Summit as total n00bs, but we never felt unsafe in the FJ the whole time. Now, if I can just remember the trail name....US-550, I think it was....

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yep. That trail we drove on which goes from Silverton to Ouray and on up through Montrose to Grand Junction was sooooo scary! Talk about gettin' yer panties in a wad! We came into the Summit as total n00bs, but we never felt unsafe in the FJ the whole time. Now, if I can just remember the trail name....US-550, I think it was....
I was thinking, what the heck trail was that? Goober! :rofl:

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Seeing a nekkid lil indian scared me! :eek:
What the... :eek:... The WINNER !!!...

Now, why was she spying on this young
buck whilest' he was bathing is beyound
me...

:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Another scary memory was drinking Lemonade made by TennesseeSquire :spineyes: it had to be cuz I don't remember :p

·
Registered
872 Posts
Was this you?

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Standing at the registration table and being asked which trails I wanted to run, feeling the burning eyes of my wife (who is VERY nervous about edges) when I picked up the Black Bear Pass list, seeing the only run left was on her birthday and was Friday the 13th, wondering if I was going to drive over 2K miles each way and not run the trail.

That was the scariest moment, but she agreed albeit reluctantly...

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Well "Pucker Point" had me at full attention. This was the most radical place I've taken my FJ.

But scariest moment? When I got the hotel bill...$3400+, ouch. the young lady handeling the check out hit a digit twice. Got out of there at $340 instead. Stillwatching my Visa account to see the correct charge.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Another scary memory was drinking Lemonade made by TennesseeSquire :spineyes: it had to be cuz I don't remember :p
I'm glad you liked it :cheers:

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Aside from the Lynchburg lemonade....the scariest moment of my trip was when Matt defied gravity while raising his right hand and swearing allegiance to Moab

Those Mod powers are amazing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
12:30 in the morning doing Poughkeepsie Gulch w/ some other crazy dudes from Ohio. I had a bit of trouble getting over one hell of a rocky climb. I slid off to the right when I finally got up and DENTED my right rock rail. It was a blast!!!

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Standing at the registration table and being asked which trails I wanted to run, feeling the burning eyes of my wife (who is VERY nervous about edges) when I picked up the Black Bear Pass list, seeing the only run left was on her birthday and was Friday the 13th, wondering if I was going to drive over 2K miles each way and not run the trail.

Mine did the same thing , but she said NO WAY...She later said ok, but by then all the list for Black Bear were filled:( So, Next year I will be doing Black Bear, I can't wait! :D I had to make the wife happy for the first trip :)

I seen you at the Summit, but didn't know who you were:( , Sorry, I should have come up and introduced myself, I hope to do some wheeling with you if you go to the Coon Creak Crawl. :)

Well "Pucker Point" had me at full attention. This was the most radical place I've taken my FJ.

But scariest moment? When I got the hotel bill...$3400+, ouch. the young lady handeling the check out hit a digit twice. Got out of there at $340 instead. Stillwatching my Visa account to see the correct charge.
Wow, That would have been a very Expensive stay, glad you got it sorted out.

Aside from the Lynchburg lemonade....the scariest moment of my trip was when Matt defied gravity while raising his left hand and swearing allegiance to Moab

Those Mod powers are amazing!
Rover you are another one I now know who you are, I wish I new when I saw you at the Summit, I would have introduced myself. Hope to wheel with you next year :D Next year we realy need to work out a better introduction system for members. I was bummed I didn't get to meet everyone in person that I talk to online.:(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine was making it to Ouray and finally getting over to registration where Jeff, Tim, Jason and a few others were putting things away. And Jeff said..."Sorry Registration's Closed!"

Whaaaa....but it's only 9:10 on my watch...you know still on California time.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Keep sharing these moments guys and gals, Black Bear Pass, I live in Colorado and haven't done it yet! I'm envious and happy for you all at the same time. Wishing I coulda made it. But enjoying the stories.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
When my 4th raffle ticket number was drawn. I thought I heard a trigger get ****ed
Don
:lol: You have to admit, It was funny :cowsmile: It was great meeting you and your wife Don :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts