Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a question for those out there with the Scepter (non-CARB) cans with the separate 3/4" screw on spout.

Is there a separate o-ring on the spout to form a nice seal? I want to say there is...which would mean I've somehow lost mine...or I'm just imagining things.

Chime in and let me know. And if so, some recommendations on where to pick up a new o ring would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
just looked at my water and gas and saw no rings anywhere. Don't think they have any either. Could be wrong on that 1-2.
Anyone :bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Ive got a question for those out there with the Scepter (non-CARB) cans with the separate 3/4" screw on spout.

Is there a separate o-ring on the spout to form a nice seal? I want to say there is...which would mean I've somehow lost mine...or I'm just imagining things.

Chime in and let me know. And if so, some recommendations on where to pick up a new o ring would be appreciated!

Thanks!
If you are referring to the Scepter fuel spout for the Mil-Spec fuel cans, they have a rubber gasket insde the screw-on cap. They do not sell the o-rings seperately, or any mil-spec cans or parts of cans in the US anymore. pm me if you need a new spout...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
My spout has a o ring sitting tight in there.
If you are having spilling issues.
Make sure the vent hole (there is a little one right on the openning of the can that runs along the inside of the handle) on the can lines up with one of the many vent holes on the spout when you tighten the spout onto the can.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After further review and inspection...I do have an o-ring in my pour spout...a small(er) one, but there is one. I think the leaking was due to a misalignment of my vent hole on the can & one of the vent holes on the spout.

I was looking for a large flat o ring that is seen on the screw on cap for the can.
Guess I wasn't looking close enough! Thanks for the help.

As a side note...I bought my Mil Spec (non-CARB) cans in early March 08 through Brigade QM, not badly priced with pretty quick shipping!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts