Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I saw that no one had gotten a picture posted. This is the nozzle I bought and the case is sort of a plastic tarp-like material. The flap has a velcro tab on it.

close up of case tag
this is the wrong spout. It will not fit the 3/4" unleaded fuel restrictor.

You want the MFC03 one which will fit the FJ's fueling port which is Scepter P/N 9898000328 on bqm anyway

·
Registered
695 Posts
this is the wrong spout. It will not fit the 3/4" unleaded fuel restrictor.

You want the MFC03 one which will fit the FJ's fueling port which is Scepter P/N 9898000328 on bqm anyway
My 4Runner is a 2005 and has a standard Toyota unleaded gas fuel inlet.

The Scepter spout fits perfectly.

I am guessing that you don't actually have the spout and are going by the numbers.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
no i have the other 3/4" spout which seems to be the appropriate spout for the FJ. I am glad your works though

·
Registered
695 Posts
If I went out to an FJ and looked at the fuel inlet I am betting that the inlet diameter is 1" for a 1" depth then it has a formed "plate" that narrows the diameter to 3/4". A lot of FJC parts are lifted directly from the 4Runner. The 3/4" restrictor is the lame brainchild of our less than astute lawmakers.

Anyhow, the narrow little Scepter fuel spout is made to go way down through the throat of that restrictor. Says so in their product description....

BQM said:
Unleaded fuel pouring spout features 3/4'' / 19mm tube to fit deep in vehicle fuel tanks with unleaded gas restrictors
The larger 1" spout has a snug, no splash fit into the fuel inlet's 1" opening. The little spout will have slower fuel flow with its narrower diameter that goes into the little fuel restricter inlet.

I measured the fuel inlet before I ordered and opted for faster fuel delivery with the 1" spout. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I also considered the MFC02 but went with the MFC03.
I just did not want remaining fuel in the ribbed section of the nozzle to spill in my rig when I keep the nozzle on the rear door netting.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also considered the MFC02 but went with the MFC03.
I just did not want remaining fuel in the ribbed section of the nozzle to spill in my rig when I keep the nozzle on the rear door netting.
Even without ribs, there will be latent fuel and any fuel that can vaporize should never be in the vehicle's interior. Store the nozzle outside unless you take steps to air dry/or sun bake it first. Even then, on a hot day you can smell residual fuel from the nozzle, not something I like anyhow.. :sick: :ack: :ugh:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Fuel tank inlet.

This picture is not the best but is good enough. My small digital camera is still in New Orleans so I won't have it until later this week... :mecry:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Even without ribs, there will be latent fuel and any fuel that can vaporize should never be in the vehicle's interior. Store the nozzle outside unless you take steps to air dry/or sun bake it first. Even then, on a hot day you can smell residual fuel from the nozzle, not something I like anyhow.. :sick: :ack: :ugh:
I give the thing a nice swing and 90% of the residual fuel is out. I then square everything else away leaving the nozzle last to be packed away.
Then the nozzle goes in a bag. DONE. Never a fuel drop or smell.

The ribbed version I always seem to have a few drop left no matter how many times I give the thing a swing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a few of these cans both fuel and water., I had the fuel one heat up and swell and it leaked a little lying on it's side. My fault though as I filled it past the fill line. :boohoo:
I also just found more of these beauties at a local Army Surplus store for $24 bucks! Awesome deal! Might be worth looking into the local surplus shops too.
As for Brigade Quartermasters, I love em'...if they don't have it then you don't need it!
Keep grinnin'.......:bandit:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the SCEPTER Military 20L Fuel Cans but haven't tried them out yet. I bought the 3/4"
fill nozzle not the 1" one. I'll have to check but I think you guys that bought the 1" diameter fill nozzle may have a problem fitting it into the FJ gas fill tube. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you all know.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I got the SCEPTER Military 20L Fuel Cans but haven't tried them out yet. I bought the 3/4"
fill nozzle not the 1" one. I'll have to check but I think you guys that bought the 1" diameter fill nozzle may have a problem fitting it into the FJ gas fill tube. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you all know.
Post a photo and measurements of your inlet. It is likely to be exactly the same 1" x 1" with a restrictor plate as the inlet in the 4Runner for which the 1" higher-flowing nozzle works just fine.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I just ordered:

MFC03 1 SCEPTER MFC POUR SPOUT,19MM $28.99
MFC05 2 SCEPTER MFC 20L VTN OD/RD STRP $79.98
CPN20X 1 Save $20 off of $100 Order $-20.00
SGT601 1 SLIVER GRIPPER TWEEZER & KEEPR $6.99

Subtotal $95.96
Shipping $10.95
Total $106.91

The tweezers looked cool too, so I guess I need those as well.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
you can be fined for selling or buying a non-CARB fuel container anywhere in the US as of 1/1/08... In CA, it's up to a $2500.00 fine and/or 6 months in jail per violation if you bring them into the state for sale, but I don't know what the fine is for using one. I don't think its an issue if you already have one in your house to fill up your lawnmower, but transporting it on your vehicle maybe another story...
I went through all this for you last year on a thread on gas cans, after much reading and a fist full of phone calls this was the final answer:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/711951-post54.html

·
Registered
514 Posts
Got mine, ordered on monday they were on my porch friday when i got home from work. no problems no questions.

i think we give the local law inforcement officers too much credit, i doubt many of them have any idea what a CARB compliant can is. not tring to offend any members that are in that line of work but lets think about this. dont they have enough other crap to worry about, don't do anything your not supossed to be doing and they wont be looking for a reason to ticket you.

again it's just my .02 cents

scotty

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Got mine, ordered on monday they were on my porch friday when i got home from work. no problems no questions.

i think we give the local law inforcement officers too much credit, i doubt many of them have any idea what a CARB compliant can is. not tring to offend any members that are in that line of work but lets think about this. dont they have enough other crap to worry about, don't do anything your not supossed to be doing and they wont be looking for a reason to ticket you.

again it's just my .02 cents

scotty
Read my link above...

Or here again: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/711951-post54.html Keep your $0.02 until you READ.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Read my link above...

Or here again: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/711951-post54.html Keep your $0.02 until you READ.
Ok so what’s your problem my .02??? Sorry if I offended you by not reading / hanging on your every post. I was simply stating my own opinion, last time I checked we were still allowed to do that here in the USA.

My reason for posting my reply was to simply let anyone considering ordering any of these cans know that I received them quickly and with out any problems.

The real problem I have seen in my short time on this forum is that it is very much like real life. Opinions are like as**oles, there are plenty of them out there.

That being said I appreciate the time and effort you apparently had available to do the research on this subject. Thank you.

scotty

·
Registered
214 Posts
Changing the subject to alleviate tension...and I have a request:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR RIG WITH 2-3 OF THESE SCEPTER CANS MOUNTED (or link me to someone who's done that already on this forum)? :cheers:

...I have two of them. My going in position will be to just put them on the roof rack, on their sides, mouths facing the rear of the truck. Then I can just throw a cable lock through the handles/rear rack and a ratchet strap across both cans. Leakage would be my only concern. Especially with the ratchet strap bearing down on them.

41 - 60 of 521 Posts