1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below

Hi Jason:

Regarding your post tonight on the forum:
"hold that thought. It might be moving by a few weeks due to some trails still possibly being closed in mid-July by snow (and that would suck).
More full details coming very soon "

Is somebody handling this? What's the latest? Can I help contribute some of the details.

Is this thread off line now?

Thanks,

Tim
T2cruiser

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Seth and I are going to talk tonight about what he found out...I'll post up my thoughts tomorrow and more than likely it will make sense to move it back a few weeks so that we can go up all the trails instead of being limited. it sucks, but I think it would make for a better time..what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I think it should remain the same weekend it was original planned for.

a) If there is snow on a few of the trails, well then, I guess we're snow wheeling. Won't be on all trails and it might not even snow right?

b) people already made reservations and asked for time off of work for the original date...

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it should remain the same weekend it was original planned for.

a) If there is snow on a few of the trails, well then, I guess we're snow wheeling. Won't be on all trails and it might not even snow right?
Hmm... snow wheelin with a 200-300 foot drop on some of the summit roads might be a challenge! :bye:

b) people already made reservations and asked for time off of work for the original date...
Still early in the game, if we are going to change it, now is the time.

Seth says Ouray recommends later , but the jeeps are there on the 4th right? So why later?

Read a rumour ( MissFJ?) that TTORA is scheduling something same time frame?, any date? If Toyota is there, they could support back to back events. This would be a positive reason to change date.

Lots of things to consider, anybody have more info?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
TTORA has not set a firm date as of yet. As soon as I hear I will post up. I told Miss FJ that with all the money Toyota throws Shannons way for the event each year we should plan to be at least a month apart. They will no doubt be willing to push alot to us and I will be talking to a few people next week at SEMA about it. I am new here so please don't flame me if I am out of line but I have done these events before and getting the money allocated eary is important. I will read thru all these post tonight and tomorrow and make sure I have the facts down. I will be asking for a lot of input from everyone so please be patient.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
K, it looks like they're doing there's near Buena Vista (<----I have no idea if that's helpful info). I'm PM'ing Molly becuase she makes it sound like they are already trying to set things up (which means they should have a date in mind).

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I sent Shannon an e-mail. I hope to hear soon. I will see him this weekend at the TXTTORA event. I will get as much info as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K, it looks like they're doing there's near Buena Vista (<----I have no idea if that's helpful info). I'm PM'ing Molly becuase she makes it sound like they are already trying to set things up (which means they should have a date in mind).
Buena Vista is pretty far away from Ouray, Collegette Peaks, Arkansas River area. More centrally located in Colorado, Nice rafting, hiking, lots of trails. I think somebody,JimD? spent his summer there.

Still could be a problem if we shared the same weekend.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Buena Vista is pretty far away from Ouray, Collegette Peaks, Arkansas River area. More centrally located in Colorado, Nice rafting, hiking, lots of trails. I think somebody,JimD? spent his summer there.

Still could be a problem if we shared the same weekend.
I agree the weekend needs to be different.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Miss FJ, you mind calling me tomorrow. I'd like to bounce some things off you. I'm going to be talking to Boston (Jason) tonight, but you seem to be a good TTORA contact.

Seth

970-556-1609

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Shannon replied and the only thing he has at this moment is the CO. Chapter has said they want to host it and they have several locations in mind and are investigating them. He said it generally held the 3-4th weekend of July. When he has more info he will be happy to pass it on.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was in Ouray 15-17th 2006. All Trails were open, pockets of snow on Engineers and Cinnamon Passes, none on the roads. Weather was perfect, swam in the hot springs, hiked to both perimeter falls, spent 14 hours on the alpine loop. High 70s days on the ground, 50-60s at altitude, high 40s in the morning, Ssunny, dry, then rainy, perfect!

Unless we have a particularly heavy snow year ( I hope!) the July (12th for earlybirds )13,14,15 time frame originally proposed seems fine. I vote lets fix it and tell TTORA our schedule!

BTW I have no problem pushing it a week if you guys learn something new, just hope we can decide soon.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
K, i have two requests for phone calls.... I'll be calling the nookie and t2cruiser shortly. Anyone else? :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts