Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:rocker:I decided to go with a 2005 Yamaha Zuma Scooter.It gets 80-100 MPG !Hopefully this will help me save a little more $$$ on gas. Perfect for commuting from Glendale to North Hollywood (Work).I couldnt believe when the guy told me it had 45 miles on it! He was asking $1980 talk down to $1650.Wow what a deal.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice Oscar! Can you go on the freeway with that? I noticed that the speedo only shows 40 mph, but that may be fast enough in LA traffic:) Have a great trip if I don't see you before the summit. Trying to get ready for my vegas wedding on the 14th and then it on to Ouray!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice Oscar! Can you go on the freeway with that? I noticed that the speedo only shows 40 mph, but that may be fast enough in LA traffic:) Have a great trip if I don't see you before the summit. Trying to get ready for my vegas wedding on the 14th and then it on to Ouray!
You cant go on the freeway.Top speed 45 mph.Any faster I might break the bottles under the seat.LOL.I just needed something to zip around town in and give the FJ a break.Def have a good time in Vegas.I'll catch up with you in August.What type was your camera the water proof one?:cheers:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks. The camera is a panasonic, I got it on ebay for around $300.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. The camera is a panasonic, I got it on ebay for around $300.
Nice.Congrats on your wedding. I also get married on July 14th in Maui!!!What a trip !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Oscar, the bike looks perfect!!! Good find man! I will have to suck up gas prices until I have enough money for a bike or this scooter. We will see!

Post some pics of you riding it.

I also like your new sig. looks good.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oscar, the bike looks perfect!!! Good find man! I will have to suck up gas prices until I have enough money for a bike or this scooter. We will see!

Post some pics of you riding it.

I also like your new sig. looks good.
Thanks Matt, I cant ride it yet pending insurance & tag renewal.I have an appt with the DMV tomorrow to make tags current.Matt Mainster hooked it up with the custom sig.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I am still in talks with a dealer near here about a Honda Ruckus. They are trying to get an all black one for me.

Is there a helmet law in CA? Are you going with the full face or no?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am still in talks with a dealer near here about a Honda Ruckus. They are trying to get an all black one for me.

Yup gotta put on a helmet in CA.My brother in law has a full face shoei he is going to give me & I have my moto cross Thor helmet.I guess I could use either or.I like the moto cross look better but a full face will protect you more.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wear a full face, definitely!

Safety first.Thats why I wasn't in a hurry for a 600cc yet.Def like the speed but not in a hurry to get wacked.Lost a few friends on sport bikes.

Not mine, but I've seen this happen:
You got the best year but the 123 MPG is for the 08 which have some crap emissions control stuff and about 5 less MPH.

The 05 will give you about 80 MPG, I have one I posted pics of mine in the other scooter thread.
I believe the 05 still gets over triple digits on mpg at least 110.Just need a new battery old one doenst keep the charge.Stored too long.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts

I hope everyone goes with a full face helmet. Landing on your face is no fun....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oscar,

I have a 1979 200p Vespa Scooter. 60mpg and freeway legal @ about 60mph. If I could figure out how reduced pics, I would post a photo.

I am member of a SoCal Vespa/Scooter club, we do a lot of rally rides. You should ride with us.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oscar,

I have a 1979 200p Vespa Scooter. 60mpg and freeway legal @ about 60mph. If I could figure out how reduced pics, I would post a photo.

I am member of a SoCal Vespa/Scooter club, we do a lot of rally rides. You should ride with us.
upload them to photobucket.com and copy the image code to the thread.Let me know when you guys are planning a ride.I would love to join.:cheers:

i might have to look into a scooter..i'd totally ride one to work and around town....nice find and great price. have fun on it.
Thanks.It was ideal for me because my commute to work in only 10 miles each way on the streets.Going to be at least saving 60 dollars per week and only gas the FJ on offroading trips.:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts