Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Scosche kit still won't fit

755 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bibbt 
#1 ·
So like a sucker, I bought the Scosche Double Din FJ Cruiser radio install kit. Purchased it off the Scosche website. I remember reading probably 8-10 years ago about fit problems with many brands of Double Din touch screen head units. I figured that it had to be sorted out long time ago. WRONG! There is no way in H??L it would fit the front of my Pioneer AVH-2550NEX. It's at least 1/8" too small. I don't think you could even file it and make it fit. So I call Scosche customer service to give them a piece of my mind. I got the all too common "we've never heard of this problem". Then he starts reading a scripted reply about international double din size standards blah blah blah. So what the hack kind of company continues to make something that they know doesn't fit after all these years? I wonder how many have just thrown these fit kits in the trash never to buy anything Scosche again? Ok, I'll stop bitchin now. To their credit, they sent me a postage paid Fedex return label and will be refunding my $15 when the receive the part. Glad I didn't pitch it in the trash. I bought the Metra spacer kit and it looks and fits fine.

Bibb in San Antonio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.