Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 180 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Not sure I agree on the aluminum sliders and skids. But hey everyone uses their vehicles differently. It probably works out better for their expo vehicles. For me, if I got aluminum it would be because I would hope to never use it, I go with steel because I expect to use it. Weight savings is not that significant. Steel is 3 times heavier. But changing it to be 1/4" AL vs 3/16" STL it's only gonna weigh 2.25 times more now.

Sooooo if you have 250 lbs of steel skids and sliders and bumper, you are saving about 110 lbs going with aluminum. That is a rather small passenger. Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Pretty cool!

I just watched their 4th live VLOG from the new X hanger. They got a lot of new toys.
Lots of nice SOG gear for sure.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
X Overland Live Vlog Ep:05 "Expedition Prep Part 1"

This video is live, so hopefully if you watch it later, the same URL will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUWhkmqzq6Y
His phone died, I was watching the live stream until that happened though. :lol:

I was suprised to hear they don't carry any spare parts for the 'yotas. No spare CV, tie rods, or anything.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
..it's a 'Toyota thing'..Jeep guys don't get it.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! I guess I don't have the money to get towed out of the middle of nowhere nor do I want to waste a day trying to find or ship parts when I basically would have spares already sitting in my garage. :roller:

Then again, they tend to keep the rigs fairly light with 285's and don't do much rock crawling, never mind that Toyota would probably ship the needed part overnight! :)

161 - 180 of 234 Posts