Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
RoverGGM previously said:
Seat belt chime
1. Turn the ignition switch on (without starting car)
2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO"
3. Turn the ignition switch off
4. Turn the ignition switch on
5. Press ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds after turning the power switch ON) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
6. Continue holding the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front seat belt.
7. Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-off" (it will be "b-on")
8. Press the ODO/TRIP button to change the display to "b-off".
9. Turn the ignition switch off.
10. Turn the ignition switch on while depressing the brake pedal.
11. Check that no buzzer sounds when setting on the front seat.

So sayeth the mighty repair manual... your mileage may vary... items are sold by weight and not by volume, so settlement may have occured during shipment... professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt... etc., ad nauseum. This is not to be construed as legal advice, if you need real legal advice, consult a real lawyer....they need the money!

·
Registered
232 Posts
take right hand.. reach up over left shoulder..
pull strap across chest insert metal buckle into slot at right pocket area until you hear a click

no more annoying sounds..

and you will survive a crash..

wear the belt !!!!! LOL

good luck

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I like the passenger seatbelt alarm. If you have those friends that don't like to wear a seat belt, the alarm basically makes them. Plus, i tell them if the beeping stops, that is when the ejector seat kicks in.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I like the passenger seatbelt alarm. If you have those friends that don't like to wear a seat belt, the alarm basically makes them. Plus, i tell them if the beeping stops, that is when the ejector seat kicks in.
AMEN, I don't have to sound like a square all the time, I just gotta tell em it's not gonna stop otherwise. lol

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Still works on the 2010 Vehicles. Annoying when you've got a computer bag, or the like, in the front seat. Having arim rests helped in the process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay - I'll admit it. I tried RoverGGMs odo trick. I was pretty sure it was a joke, but I really wanted to get rid of that damn beeper.

I don't drive without it, but sometimes i'm just moving around camp or putting through the airport at 15 mph and I don't want to put the damn thing on and off a hundred times.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Tried numerous times but can't seem to make it work on my 2011.:flame:
Did you have weight on left butt cheek only? I heard it also works better when a Corona is positioned properly in the front cup holder.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Tried numerous times but can't seem to make it work on my 2011.:flame:
i think i've read earlier the trick doesnt work on 2010 and up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you have weight on left butt cheek only? I heard it also works better when a Corona is positioned properly in the front cup holder.
Plenty of weight on both cheeks. But I did have a Foster oil can in the back cupholder. Held that damn odo button 'til my finger bled. No go.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
On my 2011 FJ the owners manuel says you must take it to a dealer to have it the seatbelt chimes turned off.
You don't.
It probably also says to have all maintenance performed at the dealership :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Agreed:lol:, but didn't previous owner's manuals describe the steps to disable the seat belt chimes?
Not for 2007, and i don't think so for other years either.
I don't believe how to reset the maintenance required light (every 5K for oil change reminder) is in there either.

·
Forum Gunsmith
4,937 Posts
Well one things for sure...

Since I keep a bag on the passenger seat I'd like to disable the alarm but it doesn't work on a 2012 model. If I'm in error I'd admit it but I printed out the instructions and followed them diligently and achieved negative results. Epic fail here. Anyone got any alternatives other than ripping out or cutting the wiring?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Well one things for sure...

Since I keep a bag on the passenger seat I'd like to disable the alarm but it doesn't work on a 2012 model. If I'm in error I'd admit it but I printed out the instructions and followed them diligently and achieved negative results. Epic fail here. Anyone got any alternatives other than ripping out or cutting the wiring?
that trick does not work on new models.

grab one these off ebay ...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts