Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

261 - 280 of 296 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
35,800 Posts
A few of us have had it done and it's just a small bracket that you won't even see because it's inside the door and covered by the panel just like it is now.

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Has anyone had the fix done? WIll it change the look of the rear doors at all? I'm all for safety, but really do not want to have huge brackets or reinforcements bolted to the inside of my doors.
I just had my recall done on the seat belt issue. The dealer did mine in under 2.5 hours and really all it does is reinforce the seat belt brackets. Everything is internal and nothing is visible from the inside of the FJC. :wave:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just received a notice about the recall yesterday...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my recall done at Bernardi Toyota in December and the dealership damaged my passenger-side door. They admitted to the damage before I left the lot and I was asked to bring it back the next week.
When I returned they tried to use touch up paint and I explained that it was unacceptable and I wanted the damaged door repaired correctly and was told they were just doing it as a courtesy because they didn't damage it.
So I called Toyota and they opened a case back in December. That was two months ago. So I called today and was told Bernardi denied doing any damage to the vehicle and that Toyota is not responsible for anything that a dealership damages.
Needless to say I am pretty upset with Toyota and not sure what steps to take next.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I had mine done awhile back. No big deal.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I had my recall done at Bernardi Toyota in December and the dealership damaged my passenger-side door. They admitted to the damage before I left the lot and I was asked to bring it back the next week.
When I returned they tried to use touch up paint and I explained that it was unacceptable and I wanted the damaged door repaired correctly and was told they were just doing it as a courtesy because they didn't damage it.
So I called Toyota and they opened a case back in December. That was two months ago. So I called today and was told Bernardi denied doing any damage to the vehicle and that Toyota is not responsible for anything that a dealership damages.
Needless to say I am pretty upset with Toyota and not sure what steps to take next.
Just another reason why I never got it done. my $.02:couto:

·
Premium Member
13,215 Posts
Still have not received a letter.....guess mine is exempt.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Re: safety belts

If I had not taken it in, I'd still have my 2010. My 13 is coming along but I miss the yellow beast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have never had my FJ at the dealer since I took it off the dealers lot! I have not taken it in for the seatbelt recall as of yet because of all the issues the dealer causes. I know it will have to get it done soon so I am asking if anyone in the Phila, Bucks, or Montgomery Counties can recommend a dealer to take it to.

George

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: safety belts

I got a letter talking about the anchor for the seatbelt in the suicide door. It says if the door is slammed too much cracking can occur and potentially malfunction in the event of an accident.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my letter the other day. Apparently through research, it's been a problem from '07. Dealer happy to repair….but, if known problem existed from '07, why wasn't my '13 done before I bought it. Bought my FJ because I considered Toyota to be best in the world…..what happened in engineering and quality control at Toyota for this to happen….Apparently you have to slam the suicide door very hard 100's of times for these cracks to appear on the retractor mount, highly unlikely in any event, as mine closes with finger pressure and would never slam any door on her, that's just disrespectful to the friend that she is…...hope it's just a "small blip " in the mighty Toyota radar, and hat's off to them for getting after it….Still love my FJ, and still buying another one for work so I can keep my '13 for "sunday drives ", just a little lost on this one from Toyota….and hoping QC and engineering didn't " miss" anything else…….

ECHO

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had mine done last week at my local dealer. They where happy to do it when they finished the job they washed it and cleaned the floor for me. I look at it this way, looking at the recalls on this vehicle compared to others that catch fire or the ignition just shutting off etc. I think a extra bolt and plate added to the seat belt is pretty simple and if it makes it safer then more power to them. It only took them a few hours to finish it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I received a letter and had the work done when in for the first free oil change. According to the Toyota dealership the rear mount was weak and they added a piece by pop riveting over it. I wasn't to excited about a bunch of pop rivets showing, they don't. Even if I didn't want the work done the shop could not release the FJ to me until the recall was completed. My FJ is a 12TT.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I wouldn't believe or trust the dealer to do the right thing. But that's just me. All dealers are not created equal.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Had mine done after 2nd notice arrived. Took dealer around 3 hours and only noticed afterwards a "glue like" smell that went away in a couple days.

261 - 280 of 296 Posts