Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,215 Posts
I just received my letter.....took them long enough.

Now just have to decide which cespool dealership is going to do the work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My belt retractor failed a couple of years ago.. and I fixed it, was unable to get them to cover the deal under warranty, I tried.. I figured that since it was a seat belt / safety deal.. it should be covered..
Now i get this recall notice.. saying that if i had made repairs they'd cover 'em.. Unfortunately, i don't have the paperwork around anymore.. so....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this work done recently and now I'm getting a leak about the seat belt on the door. Has anybody seen this? Just wondering if it's connected.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My belt retractor failed a couple of years ago.. and I fixed it, was unable to get them to cover the deal under warranty, I tried.. I figured that since it was a seat belt / safety deal.. it should be covered..
Now i get this recall notice.. saying that if i had made repairs they'd cover 'em.. Unfortunately, i don't have the paperwork around anymore.. so....
The recall was not related to the function of the retractor, so it would not have been covered by the recall.

If I remember correctly, the recall was related to the bracket holding the retractor and its strength.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
The recall was not related to the function of the retractor, so it would not have been covered by the recall.

If I remember correctly, the recall was related to the bracket holding the retractor and its strength.

I thought safety belts were covered forever. I guess it's just honda. We had a 98 civic and the seat belt stopped working. The dealer replaced it.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts

Just for everyone's information if you look at Toyota's letter to the dealers under Remedy "Based upon the inspection, in limited cases, the seat belt retractor(s) and/or access door(s) may be replaced." http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM438440/RCMN-13V098-5588.pdf
:cheers:

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had this work done recently and now I'm getting a leak about the seat belt on the door. Has anybody seen this? Just wondering if it's connected.
I had my recall done at Bernardi Toyota in December and the dealership damaged my passenger-side door. They admitted to the damage before I left the lot and I was asked to bring it back the next week.
When I returned they tried to use touch up paint and I explained that it was unacceptable and I wanted the damaged door repaired correctly and was told they were just doing it as a courtesy because they didn't damage it.
So I called Toyota and they opened a case back in December. That was two months ago. So I called today and was told Bernardi denied doing any damage to the vehicle and that Toyota is not responsible for anything that a dealership damages.
Needless to say I am pretty upset with Toyota and not sure what steps to take next.
Wow, getting my new to me '07 done on Friday as the original owner never had it done. Hopefully I don't have some of the issues you and others have reported.

If I had not taken it in, I'd still have my 2010. My 13 is coming along but I miss the yellow beast.
Sounds like an expensive recall... take in your 2007 and come out with a 2013 :wink

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Wow, getting my new to me '07 done on Friday as the original owner never had it done. Hopefully I don't have some of the issues you and others have reported.

Sounds like an expensive recall... take in your 2007 and come out with a 2013 :wink
Very expensive. I went in with a 2010, came out with a 2013 4Runner, then a month later got rid of that and bought a 2013 FJ. I love the FJ but wish they made yellow in 2013.

Reactions: WebSnyper

·
Registered
762 Posts
Got mine done today. In at 8, and went home, got a call around 10:30 saying it was good to go. No new rattles or issues that I can tell.

I did come home with the same FJ I dropped off, so that issue some of you had is not widespread ;-)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm still getting the recall notice about the seat belts. Lately the local dealership has been leaving messages on my phone about it.
I was just wondering what happens if you don't get it done? I don't really go to the dealership unless I go to buy oil filters or something.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
call the dealership and tell them you sold the truck ,I never fixed mine either and haven't received a letter in over a year now

·
Registered
189 Posts
whats the recall about and what years are affected? I bought my FJ used so im not the original owner and its out of warranty. Are they required to warranty safety features like that for a longer period regardless of owner?
My driver side belt doesn't retract back in after you take it off, it just hangs there.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I'm still getting the recall notice about the seat belts. Lately the local dealership has been leaving messages on my phone about it.
I was just wondering what happens if you don't get it done? I don't really go to the dealership unless I go to buy oil filters or something.
Same here but I'm not getting any phone calls. I don't plan on taking it back IMHO about a BS recall. Do you slam your rear doors? I didn't think so. They can't force you to do anything.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
whats the recall about and what years are affected? I bought my FJ used so im not the original owner and its out of warranty. Are they required to warranty safety features like that for a longer period regardless of owner?
My driver side belt doesn't retract back in after you take it off, it just hangs there.
Just saw your post. They have to fix it until hell freezes over. You can find out more by doing a search here or put your VIN here to find out if it has been done to your vehicle. Login :wink

281 - 296 of 296 Posts